Using bravia sync with control for hdmi – Sony BRAVIA KDL-22EX3xx User Manual
• Up to 300 files per folder are supported.
• Depending on the exact file specifications, some files,
including those modified on a PC, cannot be played even
if the file format is supported.
• Check the website below for updated information about
compatible USB devices.
To display a photograph
– Picture Frame
You can display a photograph on the screen
for a selected period of time. After that period,
the TV automatically switches itself into
Select a photograph.
You can select a photograph from the
connected USB device.
on the selected
photograph and then select "Picture Frame
RETURN repeatedly to return
to the Home Menu.
Press G/g to select “Photo”, then select
“Picture Frame” and press .
The TV is switched to Picture Frame
mode, and the selected photograph is
displayed on the screen.
To set the duration of displaying a
Press OPTIONS, then select “Duration”
and press . Then, select the duration, and
The counter appears on the screen.
Slideshow with music
You can select the background music to be
played during a slideshow.
Press OPTIONS, then select “Add to list”
and press .
Use “Remove from list” to remove music
files from the list and “Slideshow Music”
to browse or change the order of music
To return to the XMB™
• If the photograph is selected from a USB device, it must
remain connected to the TV.
• If “Sleep Timer” is activated, the TV automatically will
switch into standby mode.
Using BRAVIA Sync with
Control for HDMI
The Control for HDMI function enables the
TV to communicate with the connected
equipment that is compatible with the
function, using HDMI CEC (Consumer
For example, by connecting Sony equipment
that is compatible with Control for HDMI (with
HDMI cables), you can control them together.
Be sure to connect the equipment correctly,
and make the necessary settings.
Control for HDMI
• Automatically turns the connected equipment
off when you switch the TV to standby mode
using the remote.
• Automatically turns the TV on and switches
the input to the connected equipment when the
equipment starts to play.
• If you turn on a connected audio system while
the TV is on, the sound output switches from
the TV speaker to the audio system.
• Adjusts the volume (2 +/–) and mutes the
sound (%) of a connected audio system.
• You can operate the connected Sony
equipment that has the BRAVIA Sync logo
by the TV remote by pressing:
– m/N/M/./x/> to operate the
connected equipment directly.
– SYNC MENU to display the menu of the connected
HDMI equipment on the screen.
After displaying the menu, you can operate the
menu screen by using F/f/G/g, , colour buttons,
– Select “Device Control”, then select the desired
option to operate the equipment.
– Refer to the instruction manual of the equipment
for available control.
– Select “TV Control” to open XMB™ or TV
• If “Control for HDMI” of the TV is set to “On”,
“Control for HDMI” of the connected equipment
is also automatically switched to “On”.
To connect the equipment that is
compatible with Control for HDMI
Connect the compatible equipment and the TV
with an HDMI cable. When connecting an
audio system, be sure to also connect the
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack of
the TV and the audio system using an optical
audio cable (page 19).
To make the Control for HDMI settings
The Control for HDMI settings must be set on
both the TV side and connected equipment
side. See “HDMI Set-up” page 28 for the TV
side settings. For settings on the connected
equipment, refer to the operating instructions
for that equipment.
070MEN.fm Page 22 Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:08 PM