46 managing schedules and events (date book) – Sony PEG-T415G User Manual
Using Basic applications
Managing schedules and events (Date Book)
• Start/End Time: Defines the start and end times for
Date Book screens. If the time slots you select do not
fit on one screen, you can tap the scroll arrows to
scroll up and down.
• Alarm Preset: Automatically sets an alarm for each
new event. The silent alarm for untimed events is
defined by minutes, days, or hours before midnight of
the date of the event.
• Alarm Sound: Sets the tone of the alarm. If you
import a tone of your choice to your CLIÉ handheld
using the Sound Converter software, they will appear
here in the menu for Alarm Sound. For details, see the
Add-on Application Guide.
• Remind Me: Defines how many times the alarm
sounds. The choices are Once, Twice, 3 Times, 5
Times, and 10 Times.
• Play Every: Defines how often the alarm sounds. The
choices are a Minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 30
Changes the Date Book’s appearance and which events
• Show Time Bars: Activates the time bars that appear
in the Day view. The time bars show the duration of
an event and illustrate event conflicts.
• Compress Day View: Controls how times appear in
the Day view. When Compress Day view is off, all
time slots are displayed. When it is on, start and end
times display for each event, but blank time slots
toward the bottom of the screen disappear to
• Month View settings: These check boxes apply to the
Month view of Date Book. You can activate any or all
of these settings to show that you have Timed,
Untimed, or Daily Repeating events in the Month
The Phone Number Lookup screen appears. If there is an
Address Book entry, you can look up the phone number
of the selected item.
Hides the current item unless the password is entered.
You can select the view option among Show Records,
Mask Records, or Hide Records.
About Date Book
Shows version information for Date Book.