Key features of your hd camcorder – Samsung HMX-H1062SP User Manual
key features of your HD camcorder
Full HD (high deﬁnition) image quality:
SD (standard deﬁnition) image quality:
<1080i / 16:9 Full high deﬁnition camcorder>
<576i / normal digital camcorder>
Image resolution: about 6 times that of previous SD camcorders (576i).
The HD camcorder is capable of recording and playing back both Full HD (high deﬁnition: 1920x1080) and Standard
Deﬁnition (SD) image quality. Select the recording image quality, Full HD (high deﬁnition) or SD (standard deﬁnition),
ENJOYING IMAGES WITH FULL HIGH DEFINITION (HD) QUALITY
You can view recorded movies with Full HD (high deﬁnition) image quality.
• This HD camcorder offers 1080i resolution with a sharper image than previous SD camcorders (576i).
It also supports widescreen recording with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
• Recordings made in Full HD (high deﬁnition) image quality will ﬁt widescreen (16:9) HDTVs.
If your TV is not a high deﬁnition TV, movies with HD (high deﬁnition) image quality will be displayed with SD
(standard deﬁnition) image quality.
- To enjoy Full HD-quality images, you will need a TV supporting 1920x1080i input.
(Refer to the user manual of your TV.)
- To enjoy HD-quality images, use an HDMI (optional) or Component/AV (Y/P
, Audio L/R) cable.
When using the Component/AV cable in a regular video connection (Video, Audio L/R) to your TV, HD-quality
images cannot be viewed and are down-converted to SD (Standard Deﬁnition).
• The image is recorded in 720x576p when the quality is set to SD in the HD camcorder.
Movies recorded at SD (standard deﬁnition) image quality cannot be converted to HD (high deﬁnition).