Sony D-EJ985 User Manual
About the display
• When you press the jog lever after changing the CD or turning off and on the player, the total
number of tracks in the CD and total playing time appear for about two seconds.
• During play, the track number and the elapsed playing time of the current track appear.
• During pause, the elapsed playing time flashes.
If the volume level does not increase
• If AVLS is set to “LIMIT”, set it to “NORM.” For details, see “Protecting your hearing
• If the headphones are connected to the LINE OUT (OPTICAL) jack, connect them to the
This CD player can play CD-Rs/CD-RWs recorded in the CD-DA format*, but playback
capability may vary depending on the quality of the disc and the condition of the recording
* CD-DA is the abbreviation for Compact Disc Digital Audio. It is a recording standard used for the Audio
Music discs encoded with copyright protection technologies
This product is designed to play back discs that conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard.
Recently, various music discs encoded with copyright protection technologies are marketed by
some record companies. Please be aware that among those discs, there are some that do not
conform to the CD standard and may not be playable by this product.
Removing the CD
Remove the CD while pressing the pivot in the center of the tray.
Playing a CD