How to use "normal auto-gain" tuning, Preparations and adjustments – Panasonic MDDDT5540 User Manual
- 53 -
Ball screw + direct coupling
Ball screw + timing belt
Gear, or rack & pinion
Others: lower stiffness
4 Е ` 8
3 Е ` 6
2 Е ` 5
1 Е ` 3
1 Е ` 3
1) Start PANATERM“, and click on "Auto tuning"
in the window menu to open the automatic
2) Move the bar for mechanical stiffness to set the
stiffness.To start from smaller value (1).
3) Click on [Start] button to execute automatic tun-
• CN I/F pin 2: Servo-ON
• Pr ID (Notch Frequency) = 1500
4) 15 seconds, the motor repeats the cycle 5 times(at
most), which consists of two CCW revolutions and
two CW revolutions. Note that this process doesn't
necessarily repeat 5 cycles and this is not abnormal.
Value is entered in the post-application column after
5) Download the obtained gain values to EEPROM. Note that if you turn off the power before down-
loading, the gain values will be lost.
How to Use "Normal Auto-Gain" Tuning
Automatic tuning is available when the gain adjustment rotary switch GAIN is set to "0" position only.
• Never perform normal automatic tuning with single motor nor with single amplifier. Otherwise, Pr20
(inertia ratio) becomes zero, possibly resulting in oscillation.
C a u s e
Either one of Alarm, Servo-Off or
Position Error Counter Clear ac-
t i v a t e d .
The load inertia cannot be cal-
c u l a t e d .
CL/INTSPD 2 (4 pin) of CN I/F
i n p u t
S y m p t o m
E r r o r m e s s a g e
Values of gain affecting
parameters (e.g. Pr10)
Motor does not turn.
• Avoid operation near the limit switch or home
• Turn to Servo-ON.
• Cancel the Position Error Counter Clear.
• E x e c u t e a g a i n w i t h P r 1 0 a n d P r 11
r e d u c e d t o 1 0 a n d 5 0 r e s p e c t i v e l y.
• Execute the manual adjustment.
(Calculate and input load inertia.)
Make CL/INTSPD 2 (4 pin) of CN I/F OFF.