Panasonic AJ8R User Manual
J8 switches with trip function upgraded type, Aj8r, Power rocker switch features
J8 SWITCHES WITH
POWER ROCKER SWITCH
1. Power switches with an electromag-
netic reset function which meet the
need for energy savings in equipment
and for safety.
Applications for these switches include
promoting energy savings in equipment
(by reducing power consumption when
OA equipment is in standby mode, for
example), preventing fires caused by
overheating of a heater inside equipment,
preventing electrical leaks, and automati-
cally turning off the power if the unit tips
over or is shaken. These switches feature
a built-in electromagnetic reset function
that shuts off the main power supply in
response to a signal that is received from
an external sensor.
2. A dramatic upgrade in operation
These switches provide the same
comfortable operation feelings our
conventional J8 switches.
• Comparison of feel when switch is
3. CT terminals adopted for coil termi-
These switches can be used with AMP's
CT connectors, which are widely used for
wiring connections in OA equipment,
making it possible to achieve greater effi-
ciency in wiring work.
Receptacle for AMP's CT connector
4. Prolonged electrical service life.
Coil operation provides an electrical life
of at least 50,000 switching operations.
5. Assures excellent ability to with-
stand inrush current when used to
turn a power supply on/off.
The switch uses our own proprietary
mechanism that provides an excellent
ability to withstand inrush current is
Inrush current rating (IEC65) : 160A (nor-
mally 16A at 125V AC), 10,000 times
6. Approved under major international
UL, cUL, TÜV and SEMKO approved.
• Manual operation is a repetition of (A) and (B) .
This operation is independent of the electromagnetic reset function.
• The reset mechanism operates only when an electromagnetic reset has occurred. (C)
Electromagnetic reset mechanism