Common problems and solutions, Tips for troubleshooting – Nikon NP4100 User Manual
Common Problems and Solutions
These guidelines provide tips to deal with problems you may encounter while using the
projector. If the problem remains unsolved, contact your dealer for assistance.
Often the problem is something as simple as a loose connection. Check the following
before proceeding to the problem-specific solutions.
• Use some other electrical device to confirm that the electrical outlet is working.
• Ensure the projector is turned on.
• Ensure all connections are securely attached.
• Ensure the attached device is turned on.
• Ensure a connected PC is not in suspend mode.
• Ensure a connected notebook computer is configured for an external display.
(This is usually done by pressing an Fn-key combination on the notebook.)
Tips for Troubleshooting
In each problem-specific section, try the steps in the order suggested. This may help you
to solve the problem more quickly.
Try to pinpoint the problem to avoid replacing non-defective parts.
For example, if you replace batteries and the problem remains, put the original batteries
back and go to the next step.
Keep a record of the steps you take when troubleshooting: The information may be use-
ful when calling for technical support or for passing on to service personnel.