Hdmi connections, Hdmi jack, Connections – Yamaha DV-S5950 User Manual
Connect the HDMI output jack of this unit
to an HDMI input jack of your TV using a
commercially available HDMI cable.
You need to set “HDMI AUDIO” (see
page 26) and “HDMI VIDEO” (see page 30).
– You need to make an appropriate audio
connections if the connected component
does not output audio signals (see “Audio
connections” on page 7).
– This unit is not compatible with HDCP-
incompatible HDMI or DVI components.
– You need a commercially available HDMI/
DVI conversion cable when you connect this
unit to other DVI components. In this case,
the HDMI jack of this unit does not output
any audio signals.
– Depending on the connected DVI
component, black and white in the image
may not be distinct. In that case, adjust the
picture setting of the connected DVI
– When connecting an HDMI component,
refer to the instruction manual for the
– Do not disconnect or turn off the power of
the HDMI/DVI component connected to
the HDMI jack of this unit while data is
being transferred. Doing so may disrupt
playback or cause noise.
00EN_DV-S5950_U.book Page 9 Monday, June 12, 2006 4:42 PM