Troubleshooting, E-22 – Yamaha MDX-E100 User Manual
If your MD recorder fails to operate normally, check the following table. It lists common operating errors and simple
measures which you can take to correct the problem. If it cannot be corrected, or the symptom is not listed, disconnect
the recorder’s power cord and contact your authorized YAMAHA dealer or service center for help.
• MD is dirty or damaged.
• MD is damaged (“UTOC Err L0~4”
appears in the display).
• There is an influence of strong
external noise (lightning, excessive
static electricity, etc.) or a
misoperation was performed while
using this unit.
• Moisture is on the laser pickup.
• The power is OFF.
• The disc has been loaded incorrectly.
• An unrecorded (blank) MD was
loaded (“Blank Disc” appears in the
• The disc is write protected
(“Protected” appears in the display).
• A pre-mastered MD is loaded
(“Playback MD” appears in the
• The source is not connected
• The input setting is incorrect.
• The recording level is too low.
• The digital output level of the digital
source is too low.
• There is not enough blank space left
on the MD.
• If the power cord was unplugged or
there was a power outage during
recording, that recording may be lost.
• The carriage lock function has
• The unit is too close to the television
or other component.
• The batteries are exhausted.
• The remote control transmitter is
operated from an incorrect distance
• The remote control sensor is located
in strong direct light.
• Replace the current disc with a new
• Turn the power off and disconnect
the AC power from the AC outlet.
After about 30 seconds have passed,
connect the power and try again.
• Leave the unit switched ON and wait
20 to 30 minutes for the moisture to
evaporate before trying to play a
• Press STANDBY/ON (POWER on
the remote) to turn the power on.
• Reload the disc with the label side
facing up, and the arrow pointing
toward the disc insertion slot.
• Insert a recorded MD.
• Slide the write-protect tab to the
• Load a recordable MD.
• Check all connections again.
• Press INPUT repeatedly to select the
correct input jacks.
• Turn REC LEVEL to adjust the
• Set the digital output level of the
digital source to “MAX”.
• Load a recordable MD with fewer
recorded tracks, or erase unnecessary
tracks from the current MD.
• If recording was interrupted, try
recording again starting from the
• Insert the MD completely, then press
to eject it.
• Place the unit farther away from the
television or other component.
• Replace the batteries.
• Operate the remote from less than 6
meters (about 20 feet) and within 30°
on either side of the sensor.
• Place the unit away from the strong
The unit does not respond to
It happens that this unit does not
Playback is not possible.
Recording is not possible.
The MD cannot be removed when
The remote control does not