Service Manual Hotpoint-Ariston - PH 631MS (WH)-HA, PH 631MS (IX)-HA, PH 640MST (AN) R-HA, PH 640MST(AV)R-HA(T), PH 640MST (IX)-HA(T), PH 631MS (BK)-HA, PH 640MST GH-HA, PH 640 MS (AN) R-HA…
Precautions and tips
! This appliance has been designed and
manufactured in compliance with international safety
standards. The following warnings are provided for
safety reasons and must be read carefully.
• This is a class 3 built-in appliance.
• Gas appliances require regular air exchange to
maintain efficient operation. When installing the
hob, follow the instructions provided in the
paragraph on “Positioning” the appliance.
• These instructions are only valid for the
countries whose symbols appear in the manual
and on the serial number plate.
• The appliance was designed for domestic use
inside the home and is not intended for commercial
or industrial use.
• The appliance must not be installed outdoors, even
in covered areas. It is extremely dangerous to leave
the appliance exposed to rain and storms.
• Do not touch the appliance with bare feet or with
wet or damp hands and feet.
• The appliance must be used by adults only for
the preparation of food, in accordance with the
instructions outlined in this booklet. Any other
use of the appliance (e.g. for heating the room)
constitutes improper use and is dangerous.
The manufacturer may not be held liable for
any damage resulting from improper, incorrect
and unreasonable use of the appliance.
• Ensure that the power supply cables of other
electrical appliances do not come into contact with
the hot parts of the oven.
• The openings used for ventilation and dispersion of
heat must never be covered.
• Always make sure the knobs are in the “!”/“
position when the appliance is not in use.
• When unplugging the appliance always pull the plug
from the mains socket, do not pull on the cable.
• Never carry out any cleaning or maintenance work
without having detached the plug from the mains.
• In case of malfunction, under no circumstances
should you attempt to repair the appliance yourself.
Repairs carried out by inexperienced persons may
cause injury or further malfunctioning of the
appliance. Contact a Service Centre (see
• Always make sure that pan handles are turned
towards the centre of the hob in order to avoid
• Do not close the glass cover (if present) when the
gas burners or electric hotplates are still hot.
• Do not leave the electric hotplate switched on
without a pan placed on it.
• Do not use unstable or deformed pans.
• The appliance is not intended to be operated
by means of an external timer or separate
• When disposing of packaging material: observe
local legislation so that the packaging may be
• The European Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE),
requires that old household electrical appliances
must not be disposed of in the normal unsorted
municipal waste stream. Old appliances must be
collected separately in order to optimise the
recovery and recycling of the materials they contain
and reduce the impact on human health and the
environment. The crossed out “wheeled bin”
symbol on the product reminds you of your
obligation, that when you dispose of the appliance
it must be separately collected.
Consumers may take their old appliance to public
waste collection areas, other communal collection
areas, or if national legislation allows return it to a
retailer when purchasing a similar new product.
All major household appliance manufacturers are
active in the creation of systems to manage the
collection and disposal of old appliances.