Canon EOS D30 User Manual
• Avoid using, placing or storing the equipment in places subject to strong sunlight or high
temperatures, such as the dashboard or trunk (boot) of a car. Exposure to intense sunlight
and heat may cause the batteries to leak, overheat or explode, resulting in fire, burns or
other injuries. High temperatures may also cause deformation of the casing. Ensure that
there is good ventilation when using the compact power adapter to charge the battery
pack or power the camera.
• Do not store the equipment in humid or dusty areas. Storage in these areas could lead to
fire, electrical shock or other damage.
• Be careful not to bang the camera or subject it to strong impacts or shocks that could lead
to injury or damage the equipment when wearing or holding it by the wrist strap.
• Be careful not to cover the flash with your fingers when shooting. In addition, do not touch
the surface of the flash after taking several pictures in rapid succession. Either action
could result in burns.
Avoid Strong Magnetic Fields
Never place the camera in close proximity to electric motors or other equipment generating
strong electromagnetic fields. Exposure to strong magnetic fields may cause malfunctions
or corrupt image data.
Avoid Condensation Related Problems
Moving the equipment rapidly between hot and cold temperatures may cause condensation
(water droplets) to form on its external and internal surfaces. You can avoid this by placing
the equipment in an airtight, resealable plastic bag and letting it adjust to temperature
changes slowly before removing it from the bag.
If Condensation Forms Inside the Camera
Stop using the camera immediately if you detect condensation. Continued use may damage
the equipment. Remove the CF card and battery or power cord (if connected) from the
camera and wait until the moisture evaporates completely before resuming use.
When not using the camera for extended periods of time, remove the battery (except the
CR2025 lithium button battery) and store the equipment in a safe place. Storing the camera
for extended periods with a battery installed will run down the battery and may damage the
Important Safety Functions and Preventive Measures
• When the CF Card Access Lamp is blinking, do not remove the CF card from the camera.
Since the card is reading and writing data when the lamp is blinking, removal of the CF
card at this time will damage the card.
• Do not use any cable other than that supplied with the camera. Use the supplied interface
cable to connect the camera to a computer. Use of any other cable may lead to a