Safety precautions, Caution on hanging from the ceiling – Canon XEED WUX450 User Manual
• THIS APPARATUS MUST BE GROUNDED.
• TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE
THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
• This projector produces intense light from the projection lens. Do not stare
directly into the lens, otherwise eye damage could result. Be especially careful
that children do not stare directly into the beam.
• Install the projector in a proper position. Otherwise it may result in a fire hazard.
• Allowing the proper amount of space on the top, sides, and rear of the projector
cabinet is critical for proper air circulation and cooling of the unit. The diagrams
shown here indicates the minimum space required. If the projector is to be built
into a compartment or similarly enclosed, these minimum distances must be
• Do not cover the ventilation slots on the projector. Heat build-up can reduce the
service life of your projector, and can also be dangerous.
• If the projector is unused for an extended time, unplug the projector from the
• Do not project the same image for a long time.
An afterimage may remain on the LCD panels due to the characteristics of the
panels of the projector.
CAUTION ON HANGING FROM THE
When hanging the projector from the ceiling, clean the air intake vents and top of
the projector periodically with a vacuum cleaner. If you leave the projector unclean
for a long time, the cooling fans can be clogged with dust, and it may cause a
breakdown or a disaster.
DO NOT SET THE PROJECTOR IN GREASY, WET, OR SMOKY CONDITIONS
SUCH AS IN A KITCHEN TO PREVENT A BREAKDOWN OR A DISASTER. IF
THE PROJECTOR COMES IN CONTACT WITH OIL OR CHEMICALS, IT MAY
SIDE and TOP
50 cm (1.6')