A 40) – Nikon S70 User Manual
Shooting Suited to Scenes
Use of a tripod is recommended in scene modes with which
O is indicated. Set Vibration
A 147) to Off when using a tripod to stabilize the camera.
Noise reduction is automatically performed in scene modes with which
Q is indicated. More time
than usual is required to record pictures to which noise reduction is applied.
Use this mode for vivid landscapes and cityscapes.
• Camera focuses at infinity. The focus area or focus indicator
A 30) always glows green when the shutter-release
button is pressed halfway. Note, however, that objects in the
foreground may not always be in focus.
Use this mode for dynamic action shots that freeze the action
in a single shot and record motion in a series of pictures.
• The camera focuses continuously until focus is locked by
pressing the shutter-release button halfway.
• While the shutter-release button is held down, up to 6
pictures are taken at a rate of about 1 frame per second (fps)
when image mode is set to
f 16:9 (3968).
• The maximum frame rate with continuous shooting may vary depending upon the
current image mode setting, the memory card used, or shooting condition.
• Continuous shooting is disabled and only one picture can be taken at a time when the
shutter is released using the
K Touch shutter function (A 51).
• The flash does not fire and the flash mode is disabled.
• The AF-assist illuminator does not light (A 148).
e Night portrait
Use this mode for portraits taken at sunset or at night. The flash
fires to light the portrait subject while preserving background
lighting to achieve a natural balance between the main subject
and background ambience.
• The camera detects and focuses on a face (A 28, 34).
• If no faces are recognized, the camera focuses on the subject
at the center of the frame by pressing the shutter-release
• The camera smoothes skin tones (in up to three faces) by applying the skin softening
function before recording pictures (
• Digital zoom is not available.
• The flash mode setting is fixed at fill flash with slow sync with red-eye reduction.
• Use the scene effect adjustment slider (A 39) to adjust picture brightness.