Sony NV-U70 User Manual
Read read this this first first
Please take a few moments to review this User Guide
and all its contents.
Please ensure that both the USB and Power Supply
connections are not disturbed during the update.
• Slide the POWER switch on the bottom of the NV-U70 to OFF.
• Plug in the power cable to the NV-U70. Plug in the USB cable
to the NV-U70 and then to the PC. Slide the POWER switch on
the bottom of the NV-U70 to ON.
• Insert the Update DVD into your PC DVD-ROM drive and
select your language.
If you have previously installed ActiveSync, skip to Step 4.
If not, please continue below.
• Select Install PC connection software from the
• Select Next to begin ActiveSync installation. Follow the
prompts to establish a partnership with your NV-U70.
• Verify that the partnership between PC and NV-U70 has
• Select the Map Manager to select which map zone
segment you would like to update on your NV-U70.
Note: Due to the nature of the updated, highly-detailed
map content, the entire US map cannot fit on the NV-U70
at one time.
• Loading new software to your NV-U70 will delete all
pre-existing maps. In some cases your Favorites will
no longer be compatible.
• If you agree to these terms Select Yes.
Notice that when browsing the various map options,
different regions will highlight in orange. Select the
region in which you will most likely be traveling In the
Please be patient during the update process as it can take
a few hours to complete.
Load times can vary depending upon your PC settings, as well
as the physical size of the actual chosen map segment.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated
• Select OK. Exit out of the Sony Personal Navigation
System update disc. Slide the POWER switch on the
bottom of the NV-U70 to OFF.
• Disconnect your NV-U70 from both the power cord
and the USB cable.
• Slide the POWER switch on the bottom of the NV-U70
to ON and follow the prompts.