Sony RDR-VX521 User Manual
Connecting to audio L/R jacks
This connection uses a stereo amplifier’s
(receiver’s) two front speakers for sound.
You can enjoy the surround function that creates
virtual speakers from two stereo speakers. Select
from “Surround1,” “Surround2,” or “Surround3”
of the surround effects (page 36).
Connecting to a digital audio input jack
Use this connection if your AV amplifier
(receiver) has a Dolby
Digital or DTS
and a digital input jack. You can enjoy the
surround effect of Dolby Digital (5.1ch) or DTS
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories.
“Dolby” and the double-D symbol are trademarks of
“DTS” and “DTS Digital Out” are trademarks of
Digital Theater Systems, Inc.
• For correct speaker location, see the operating
instructions supplied with the connected components.
• During VHS playback, the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT
jacks can also output digital audio signals.
• During DVD recording, the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT
jacks output DVD audio signals only. You cannot hear
VHS sound by pressing VIDEO.
• After you have completed the connection, make the
• With a coaxial or optical digital connection, you cannot
use the virtual surround effects of this recorder.
• When outputting from the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT
jacks, you cannot switch the bilingual sounds on a
DVD-RW (VR mode) or DVD-R (VR mode) by