Vcr playback, Playing, Playing 1 – Sony RDR-VX521 User Manual
Press VIDEO to operate the VCR.
Insert a tape.
Playback starts automatically if you insert a
tape with its safety tab removed.
Press H PLAY.
The front panel display shows the playing
When the tape reaches the end, it will rewind
To stop playback
Press x STOP.
To eject the tape
Press Z OPEN/CLOSE.
To turn off the power while rewinding (Rewind
Press "/1 while the tape is rewinding. The power
will turn off but the tape will keep rewinding until
it reaches the end.
To use the time counter
Press CLEAR at the point where you want to find
later. The counter in the front panel display resets
To search for the 0:00:00 point automatically, see
To display the counter on the TV screen, press
• During playback, the VCR automatically detects the
recording system (S-VHS/VHS) and the recording
mode (SP or EP) from the tape. LP mode recordings
made on other equipment will play, but picture quality
is not guaranteed.
• The counter resets to “0:00:00” whenever a tape is
• The counter stops counting when it comes to a portion
with no recording.
• The counter resets to “0:00:00” after ten hours, and
• When playback does not start even if you insert a tape
with its safety tab removed, set “VCR Function” –
“Auto Play” of “Features” to “On” in the “Setup”
display (page 105).
• If you switch to the VCR while playing a disc, DVD
• The VCR does not record in S-VHS format, but will
play S-VHS tapes by automatically detecting the
format, but picture quality will be lower than usual S-
VHS. Image may be unclear if playback options such
as slow-motion, etc., are used.
• Playback of S-VHS tapes recorded in EP (3x) mode is
• The VCR is not compatible with the PAL or SECAM
color system. Only NTSC tapes can be played.
• For simultaneous VHS and DVD operation, see page 9.