Pioneer BDP-LX71 User Manual
Notice on the addition of functions, Dts-hd audio output
Notice on the Addition of Functions
In addition to the functions described in the operating instructions, there are a number of other functions that have been added. These new
functions are described in this notice. Also refer to the included operating instructions.
The additional functions are as follows:
• DTS-HD audio output
• Speaker Setup
• Image file playback
• External subtitle files for DivX files
• The addition of the functions resets the speaker settings. To use 7.1-channel analog output signals, check the speaker settings.
DTS-HD audio output
Output of the DTS Digital Surround and DTS-HD (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio) signals recorded on BD-ROMs
• Before the function was added, the DTS Digital Surround signals included within the DTS-HD signals were converted to linear PCM or
analog audio signals for output. With the addition of the function, the DTS-HD signals are converted into linear PCM or analog audio
signals for output.
• When using with a 7.1-channel speaker system, DTS Digital Surround signals are output in up to 7.1 channels.
For details, refer to the table below.
Changes are indicated in
• The output from all terminals other than the ones selected for
Audio does not sound as intended by the content provider.
Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #’s: 5,451,942; 5,956,674; 5,974,380; 5,978,762; 6,226,616; 6,487,535; 7,392,195; 7,272,567;
7,333,929; 7,212,872 & other U.S. and worldwide patents issued & pending. DTS is a registered trademark and the DTS logos, Symbol, DTS-HD
and DTS-HD Master Audio | Essential are trademarks of DTS, Inc.
1996-2008 DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
AUDIO OUT terminals
DIGITAL OUT terminals
HDMI OUT terminal
1. When outputting linear PCM audio signals, if the number of compatible channels of the connected HDMI device is lower, the signals are output with the number of
channels for which the device is compatible.
Audio Output Mode is set to 2 Channel or Multi-channel.
linear PCM audio
DTS Out is set to DTS
Not converted to
DTS Out is set to DTS 1/DTS 2.
5. When outputting DTS Digital Surround bitstream with settings of
DTS 2 at DTS Out, the secondary audio and interactive audio signals are not mixed for output.
HDMI Audio Out is set to PCM or Auto.
7. When outputting the bitstream of DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio or DTS Digital Surround, the secondary audio and interactive audio signals
are not mixed.
8. If the connected HDMI device is not compatible with DTS-HD Master Audio or DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, the signals are output in DTS Digital Surround
If the connected HDMI device is not compatible with DTS Digital Surround bitstream, the signals are output in linear PCM.
BD-ROM DTS Digital
9. Only compatible with 7.1-channel surround back. 6.1-channel surround back is output in 7.1 channels. In other cases, output as audio signals of 5.1-channels or less.
10. When the output video resolution is set to 576i/480i or 576p/480p, the signals may be output in 2 channel, depending on the
HDMI High Speed Transmission setting
and/or the connected HDMI device.
11. When the output video resolution is set to 576i/480i or 576p/480p, the signals may be output in DTS Digital Surround bitstream, depending on the
HDMI High Speed
Transmission setting and/or the connected HDMI device.
2G_versionup_en_wv_ibd.fm 1 ページ ２００９年４月２３日 木曜日 午後６時１３分