Honeywell H808C User Manual
H808c convertible dehumidifier controller, Caution, Application
J.F. • 3-94 • ©Honeywell Inc. 1994 • Form Number 69-0821
Convertible Dehumidifier Controller
The H808C Dehumidifier Controller provides automatic
low voltage control of dehumidifiers in central heating
systems. The humidity controller has an spst, snap-acting,
dust-proof switch and is designed for wall or surface duct
■ H808C1029: Premier White™.
■ H808C1037: Beige.
ELECTRICAL RATING: 50 VA at 24 Vac.
MAXIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE: 125
SWITCH DIFFERENTIAL: 5 percent RH, nonadjustable.
SET POINT ADJUSTMENT RANGE: 20 to 80 percent
RH; positive ON and OFF positions.
1. Installer must be a trained, experienced service
2. Disconnect power supply before beginning
3. Conduct a thorough checkout before leaving
1. Locate the humidity controller about 5 ft [1.5m]
above the floor on an inside wall.
a. Be sure the humidity controller is subject to average
room temperature and average relative humidity.
The maximum temperature at the location selected
must not exceed 125
b. The humidity controller can be mounted directly on
2. Drill a small hole in the wall.
3. Run low voltage wiring to the location and pull about
6 in. [152 mm] of wire through the hole.
NOTE: Plug the opening to prevent drafts from affecting
humidity controller operation.
4. Remove the humidity controller assembly by prying
with a screwdriver in the notch on the bottom of the case
5. Position the case horizontally over the wires with the
arrows on the tabs pointing up and secure the case to the
wall using the two screws provided.
6. Connect the wires to the humidity controller assem-
bly using leadwires and wire nuts provided (see Wiring
section and Fig. 2).
7. Tuck the wires into the bottom of the case.
8. Snap the cover assembly into the case (Fig. 2).
Fig. 1—Removing humidity controller assembly
Fig. 2—Wiring connections on humidity