Honeywell TE242ELW User Manual
TE242ELW - Personal Weather Station
HOW DO I SET THE TIME ZONE ON MY TE242ELW?
1. Press MODE button so that the Day of the Week abbreviation is displayed to the right of the
time; for example: pm 2:37tu
2. Press and hold UP arrow button for 3 seconds selecting the desired time zone.
3. Keep holding UP button until the desired US time zone (Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern) is
highlighted on the display’s US map, located on the upper right corner from the time.
4. Release the UP button. The Time Zone is set.
HOW MANY ALARMS I CAN SET ON MY TE242ELW?
The Personal Weather Station TE242ELW has two time alarms – Weekday alarm (W) and
Single day alarm(S) - and one Ice Warning Alarm (PRE-AL).
HOW TO SET THE TIME ALARM?
1. Press ALARM button once to enter into the alarms setting mode - the word “OFF” with a letter
“W” next to it will be displayed (default - weekday alarm)
2. Press and hold ALARM button for two seconds - hour digits will flash. Adjust the hour using UP
or DOWN arrow buttons
3. Press ALARM button once - the minute digits will flash. Adjust the minutes using UP or DOWN
4. Press ALARM button once again to confirm the settings and the weekday alarm time will be set
5. Set a Single (S) day alarm if desired in the same manner
HOW TO DISABLE THE TIME ALARM?
Press ALARM button selecting the alarm you want to disable – an appropriate letter of the selected
alarm will appear next to the alarm time. Press DOWN arrow button once, so the word “OFF” will
be displayed. The specific alarm will be disabled and won’t activate.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WEEKDAY (W) AND SINGLE (S) TIME ALARMS?
The Weekday (W) alarm is programmed to sound at the set time Mondays through Fridays with
“W” letter flashing.
The Single (S) day alarm is programmed to sound at the set time with “S” letter flashing only for
the specific day and will not activate on subsequent days.