Pioneer PDK-FS05 User Manual
Thank you for buying Pioneer’s product.
Please read through the Operating Instructions to learn how to
operate your model safely and properly.
Please be advised to keep the Operating Instructions in
your place for future reference.
¶ Consult your dealer if you encounter any difficulties with this
¶ Pioneer is not liable for any damage resulting from improper
installation, improper use, modification, or natural disasters.
This symbol refers to a hazard or unsafe practice which can
result in personal injury or property damage.
Record the model number and serial number of this equipment
Model No. PDK-FS05 Serial No.
Keep this number for future use.
To prevent a fire hazard, do not place any naked
flame sources (such as a lighted candle) on the
This product is a floor stand for plasma displays (PDP-506XDE /
PDP-506FDE / PDP-506HDG / PDP-436XDE / PDP-436FDE / PDP-
436HDG) from Pioneer. Use with other model is capable of
resulting in instability causing possible injury. For further informa-
tion, please contact the store where you purchased your display.
Do not install or modify the product other than specified. Do not
use this stand for a plasma display other than those designated
and do not modify it or use it for other purposes.
Improper installation is extremely dangerous because it may result
in it falling over or other accident.
• When selecting the location in which the stand is to be placed,
be sure to select a location with a surface sufficiently strong to
bear the weight of the stand and plasma display (Product
weight is listed on page 15).
• Make sure to place it in a level and stable location.
• Depending on the type of surface on which the stand is placed,
the casters may leave marks on the surface, and this should be
taken into consideration when selecting the place in which the
stand is to be placed.
• Do not install it outdoors, at a hot spring, or near a beach.
• Do not install the stand where it may be subjected to vibration
Assembling and Installation
• Assemble the stand in accordance with the assembly
instructions and securely attach all screws at the
There have been cases where unforeseen accidents such as
the equipment breaking or falling over occurred after the
installation of the display because the stand was not
installed as instructed.
• The display must always be installed by two or more
people to assure it is installed safely.
• Before installation, turn off the power for the display and
peripheral devices then remove the power cord plug from
the power outlet.
• Never lean on the plasma display or apply heavy pressure to the
• Note that while the stand is fitted with casters to make it easily
movable, when moving the stand you should always follow the
instructions given on page 14 under “Moving the stand and
• Because of the nature of glass, the application of shocks to the
edges can make it easy for the glass to break, and the applica-
tion of any such shocks should therefore be strictly avoided.
Due care should also be taken to keep children from bumping
into the edges, as doing so might result in injury.
• Prevent accidents caused by the product falling over by taking
reliable measures to prevent it from falling over (see page 14).