Pioneer DVR-R100 User Manual
Pioneer Car DVR
Page 1 of 3
Updated: 23 June 2006
DVR-110. DVR-610, & DVR-R100 FAQs
General Questions About the Drives:
What are the maximum write speeds of these drives?
• DVD-/+ R single layer 16X
• DVD-/+ R dual layer 8X
• DVD-RW 6X
• DVD+RW 8X
What type of DVD and CD discs can the drive read?
• DVD-ROM, DVD-Video (single and dual layer), DVD-/+R, DVD-/+RW, DVD-R
(dual layer), +R (double layer)
• CD-ROM (Mode 1 & 2), CD-ROM XA, CD-DA (CD-Audio), Video CD, Photo CD
(single/multi session), CD-EXTRA, CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW
Is the drive WHQL (Microsoft
Hardware Qualification Lab)
• Yes, the drive has been qualified by Microsoft to work with Windows (98SE, 2K,
ME, XP). The drive is Plug-N-Play compliant and does not require specific
drivers to work in these operating systems.
Is the drive supported by non-Microsoft operating systems (Unix, Linux,
• The drive was officially designed to work with current Microsoft Windows
operating systems; however, we are aware that the drive has been successfully
used on Unix
operating systems with third-party software.
• The drive is designed to be Plug-n-Play compliant and does not require a
specific driver to be installed; however, a third-party application may be
required to record to the drive. Pioneer does no provide technical support for
third-party applications. Please contact the application manufacturer for
Can the drive be installed Vertically and Horizontally?
• Yes, the drive can be installed vertically or horizontally.
What is the interface of the drive?
• ATAPI (ATA-5 & SFF-8090 V5)
• IDE DATA Transfer of PIO Mode 4, Multi Word DMA Mode 2, Ultra DMA Mode 2,
and Ultra DMA Mode 4 (Ultra DMA 66)
How much does the drive weigh?
• 2.2 pounds (1.0 kg)