NAD T515 User Manual

T 515 dvd/cd player

Advertising
background image

NAD’s DVD Players are renowned for superb performance and great value. Unlike the “no name” players
sold as loss leaders by discount stores, NAD achieves picture quality that is impressive even on large format
TV’s and projectors where every minute imperfection is magnified. Whether your TV is analog or digital the
T515 is equipped to make the most of your TV’s performance offering both Component Video and HDMI
outputs.

If the picture is impressive, the sound quality can easily embarrass machines costing 3 and 4 times the
T515’s highly affordable price. Sonic performance on all audio formats easily rivals established performance
leaders. Whether you are listening to CD or DVD-A, or even MP3 and WMA files, bass is full and taught,
mids and highs are detailed and smooth, and the stereo image shows depth and scale. Over 30 years of
audio engineering excellence is both obvious and reassuring.

Features
The T515 is a very full-featured DVD player that offers a wide range of facilities such as Multi-Angle*,
Multi-Sound*, Multi-Subtitle*, Frame, 100x Zoom, Marker Search, Smooth Scan, Slow Motion, and Repeat.
Second time DVD buyers will really appreciate convenience features such as Auto-Play (skips the opening
warnings and advertisements and goes straight to the movie) and Last Scene Book Marking (picks up where
you left off if the viewing session is interrupted). All of these facilities can be easily accessed with the supplied
remote control.

With four video connection options and four audio connection options, complete compatibility with any Home
Theatre set-up is assured. Whether you simply want to add DVD to your current TV, or desire a complete
digital surround sound experience, the T515 is fully up to the task. Audio is available in two channel analogue,
Coax and Optical digital (SPDIF) and HDMI.

The T515 includes the latest type of connection, the High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) with High
Definition Copy Protection (HDCP) to allow direct transmission of uncompressed HD video and audio in a
pure digital format. HDMI is not “just another connector” as it can transmit encrypted picture data at rates
up to 5 gbps – that’s 5 gigabytes per second! This very high speed demands precision in every aspect of
the signal path, including the connecting cable.

Standard 480i and 576i (480/576 lines interlaced picture) can be “upsampled” to resolutions as high as
1080i (1080 lines interlaced picture) thanks to the video processing chip. This allows you to make the most
of the high resolution capability of today’s HD projectors and flat panel displays. (The TV display must be
HDCP compatible to take advantage of this advanced feature.)

T 515 DVD/CD Player

• Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD+-RW, VCD 1.0, VCD 2.0,

J-PEG, DivX

• Plays DVD-Audio*

, CD, CD-R, CD-RW

• Dolby Digital/PCM/DTS digital out
• MP-3 and WMA decoders integrated

(song titles displayed on video output)

• Coaxial and Optical digital outputs
• Auto switch from PCM to Bitstream
• Audiophile quality 24 bit 192kHz DACs
• 6 x 14 bit Video DAC running at 165 MHz
• Progressive scan with pixel-by-pixel processing for reduced

processing artifacts

• Component ,S-Video, and Composite video outputs
• SCART output (230V only)
• HDMI output
• Video upconversion to 720p and 1080i* (HDMI output)
• PAL compatible
• Scene Bookmarking
• Zoom (X100), Marker, marker Search
• Smooth Scan and Slow Motion
• IR Control Input (rear panel)
• NAD DVD 6 Remote Control

Features

Details

* These features need to be supported by the DVD software.

2-Channel DVD Audio

** These resolutions (720p/1080i) need to be supported by the video display.

Advertising