Samsung RF267AERS-XAA User Manual
Before calling service, Automatic ice maker does not work, Display
Before calling service
Automatic Ice Maker does not work
• Allow your refrigerator to operate and
cool down for 24 hours (1 full day) be-
fore the ice maker starts producing ice.
• To fill the ice bucket to maximum ca-
pacity, dispense a few cubes 8 and 16
hours after installation.
is lit, the ice maker will not make ice.
• To activate the ice maker, press the
ton on the control panel so it is no longer lit.
• If you have the model
RF268, RFG238 or
, the figure may differ slightly from your
refrigerator. For details, refer to the “
” section of the User Manual.
• Recommended Temp Settings
: -2°F for freezer and 38°F for refrigerator.
• Filter indicator : The filter Indicator will be Red
when you have used your water filter for 6 months,
Reset the indicator (it will be Blue) after replacing
the filter by holding the "
Alarm/Hold 3 sec for
" button for 3 seconds.
• Ice off : Press the "
" button to turn the ice
making function off.
• Cooling Off (Show Room) mode : If the Display
shows the "
" code, it means that the Cool-
ing Off function is activated and the refrigerator is
not cooling. To cancel the Cooling Off mode, hold
buttons together for
• When installing, servicing or cleaning behind the
refrigerator, be sure of the following:
• To protect your floor's finish when moving the
refrigerator, cut a large section of the cardboard
carton and place under the refrigerator where
you are working.
• Pull the unit straight out and push back in straight
Moving and Installing
• Check if the ice bucket is completely
• Freezer temp may not be enough;
set it to -2°F or lower.
Slow Ice cube freezing
• If the water filter is clogged, small or bubbled ice
cubes may be produced.
• Replace the water filter cartridge with a new one.
Small or bubbled ice cubes or Slow
After installation or when replacing the
water filter, dispense at least a gallon
(2~3minutes) of water to remove trapped
air from the water line. Otherwise, water
may drip after dispensing water.
• Slowly turn the water filter 90°
clockwise so it is aligned with the
printing mark on the cover, locking
the filter in position.
Make sure to align the water filter
label mark with center of cover fil-
ter printing as illustrated.
Water filter replacement
• The first glass of water may not be cold enough
because the stored water in the water valve has
not cooled completely. Dispense several glasses
of water and then it would be cool.
Water is not cool enough
• Allow your refrigerator to operate and cool down
for 24 hours (1 full day) to reach to the set tem-
• Also, when you put room temperature or warmer
food into your refrigerator, it may need an addi-
tional 24 hours for the fridge to reach the set tem-
Refrigerator or freezer Compartments
• If food with too much moisture is stored near the
cooling vents, it may get frozen. Be sure to keep
moist food away from the cooling vents.
Food stored in refrigerator is frozen
• Wipe off the condensation with a dry towel (This
may occur during hot and humid seasons.)
• If the condensation occurs on the doors, turn off
the Energy Saving function.
• If you open the doors frequently or for too long, it
may cause moisture inside the fridge.
Moisture forms on outside/inside of
• These noises may be heard occasionally inside
the refrigerator. This is normal. This sound occurs
when various items contract or expand while
temperatures are changing; especially during
defrosting. This may also occur when electronic
devices including the ice maker are operating.
Noise Clicks, Pops, Cracks, Snaps
• You can select your Pantry temperature from
among the following.
Cool Select Pantry (on some models)
• Insert a flat-blade screwdriver into a slot on the
control lever, turn it clockwise or counter-clock-
wise to level the
• Open the freezer drawer to gain an access to the
adjustable hinge pin. Next, adjust the refrigerator
door using the provided 0.16 inch wrench.
• If you need to add more height to the door, insert
the provided snap rings.
Leveling & Door Alignment
• If the water line is not inserted into the coupler
properly, air could penetrate into the water line
causing water dripping from the water dispenser.
Insert the water line into the coupler
completely and slide in the clip at the end of the
Water dispenser dripping
If you have
RF265, RF266F, RF268 or RFG299
the figure may differ slightly from your Refrigerator.
For details, refer to the user manual “
2009.10.22 10:35:44 AM