Bernina 165 Manual
Needle Punch Accessory Set
• Any of the following BERNINA
virtuosa, aurora, & artista models 165, 170, 630
• Haiku Two Jacket pattern from The Sewing
•Wool fabric (coat weight
or felted wool)
• Jewel tone skein
of variegated wool
yarn – remove
around yarn, if
• “Pure Wool”
- package of 6
rounds and 2
rounds of 100%
Merino Wool Fleece
Note: Power to the machine should be OFF for the
installation of the Needle Punch Accessory Set.
• Drop the feed dog of the machine.
• Remove the presser foot, needle, and stitch plate.
• Remove needle holder thumb screw completely.
• Remove the bobbin case.
• Open the shuttle cover and remove hook race,
then leave shuttle cover and bobbin door open. Put
all these parts in a small plastic bag for safekeep-
Note: Consult your machine owner’s manual to
identify the parts, if needed.
• Place the Needle Punch stitch plate (with the large
hole) on the machine.
• Mount the Needle Punch needle holder on the nee-
dle bar. Secure it in place using the fixing screw.
• Attach the Needle Punch presser foot.
• Turn the machine on - this will automatically center
the needle bar
• Select Straight Stitch.
Note: This is the only stitch
that can be used with this attachment.
• Slowly turn the handwheel toward you, making sure
the needles go into the center of the large hole on
the stitch plate.
BY FAITH REYNOLDS
Turn a simple wool jacket
into a stunning fashion
statement by creating a floral
cascade along both sides
of the front opening.
The flowers are needle
punched in bright colors and
form the shape of the
outer edges of the lapels.
For visual instr
uctions on using
Needle Punch Accessor
Set, watch the instr
included with the set. For mor
information and inspiration, see