Havis-Shields Interior Window Guards F2 User Manual
Installation instructions wgi-f1, f2, f3, f4
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS WGI-F1, F2, F3, F4
INTERIOR WINDOW GUARDS
FOR 1994 – 2008 FORD WINDOW VANS
1/8” Drill Bit
Phillips Screw Driver
Metric Socket set
T-50 Torx Bit (for seat belts)
Plastic Cutting Tool (utility knife or tin snips)
#10 x ½” Sheet metal screws
#10 X 1 ¼” Sheet metal screws
#10 Flat Washer
M4 x 7mm Hex nuts
½” Nylon spacers
Window Latch cover plate
T-25 Torx ¼” Hex Insert OAL Tamperproof Bit
1. Remove seats and seat belts for better access to the windows.
2. Remove plastic trim surrounding the fixed body windows. Save the plastic trim for
3. Determine which guard goes to each window. NOTE: The perforated diamond shaped holes has
one side that is smoother than the other. The smoother side goes towards the inside, facing the
DOOR WINDOW GUARDS:
1. In order for guard to fit properly on frame, you must permanently remove the upper plastic trim
on doors. The top of the lower door panel may have to be trimmed approximately ¼” to ½”.
(Note: Place guard on window frame to determine possible trimming). See section 8 – door
window guard does not have cutouts for window latches (making them inoperable).
2. With the doors open, hold the window screen up to the window/door frame. The guard
framework should fit evenly around the window frame.
3. Mark a few holes at the top of the door frame using the predrilled holes on the screen framework
as a guide. Do not mark holes for the sides or bottom yet.
4. Put on Safety goggles.
5. Remove window guards and drill holes as marked with a 1/8” drill bit.
6. Attach window screens by using #10 x ½” sheet metal screws. Now locate and mark the balance
of holes, drill and attach, starting at the top and work your way down.
If vehicle has plastic upper door trim, do not reinstall.