Honeywell N-ANN-RLY User Manual
N-ann-rly, Relay module, General
DN-7107:A • 1/10/08 — Page 1 of 2
DN-7107:A • K-20
The N-ANN-RLY relay module provides 10 programmable
Form-C relays when used with a compatible FACP (Fire Alarm
Control Panel). The N-ANN-RLY module may be mounted
inside the FACP main circuit board chassis or in the battery
area of the enclosure using optional mounting bracket P/N:
ANN-MBRLY. Reference Installation Instructions document
The N-ANN-RLY and the FACP communicate over a two-wire
serial interface employing the ANN-BUS communication for-
mat. An additional two wires are used for 24-volt DC power. A
single four-conductor unshielded cable may be used for both
power and data communications.
Up to eight ANN-BUS devices may be connected to the ANN-
BUS of each FACP.
• N-ANN-RLY connects to the ANN-BUS terminal on the
FACP and requires minimal programming.
• Provides 10 programmable Form-C relays.
• Ten Form-C relays can be programmed for various func-
tions; Alarm, Trouble, Supervisory, AC Loss, Waterflow
Delay, Input Zones and Silenceable Alarm.
• Compatible with the FireWarden 50, SFP-5UD, RP-2001,
RP-2002 and SFP-10UD.
• May be powered by 24 VDC from the host FACP or by
remote power supply (requires 24 VDC).
• Up to eight ANN-BUS devices may be connected to the
ANN-BUS of each FACP.
• Listed to UL Standard 864, 9th Edition.
• Maximum ANN-BUS Voltage: 24 VDC
• Maximum Current:
– Alarm: 75 mA Standby: 15 mA
• Ambient Temperature: 32ºF to 120ºF (0ºC to 49ºC)
• Relative Humidity: 93% ± 2% RH (noncondensing) at 32ºC
± 2ºC (90ºF ± 3ºF)
• For use indoors in a dry location
• Connections to FACP are power-limited and supervised.
• Relay Contact Ratings: 2 Amps @ 30VDC (Resistive) 0.5
Amps @ 30VAC (Resistive)
Agency Listings and Approvals
The listings and approvals below apply to the N-ANN-RLY. In
some cases, certain modules may not be listed by certain
approval agencies, or listing may be in process. Consult fac-
tory for latest listing status.
• CSFM:7165-0028:245; 7165-0028:246
POWERING THE DEVICES ON THE ANN-BUS FROM
AUXILIARY POWER SUPPLY
ANN-BUS devices can be powered by an auxiliary power sup-
ply when available panel power is exceeded. See FACP man-
ual for information.
ANN-BUS DEVICE ADDRESSING
Each ANN-BUS device requires a unique address (ID Num-
ber) in order to communicate with the FACP. A maximum of
eight devices can be connected to the FACP ANN-BUS com-
munication circuit. See the FACP manual for more information.
The N-ANN-RLY connects to the FACP ANN-BUS communica-
tions circuit. To determine the type of wire and the maximum
wiring distance, calculate the total worst case current draw for
all modules on a single 4-conductor bus. Use the table on the
following page to determine the maximum distance the mod-
ules can be located from the FACP. In general, the wire length
is limited by resistance, but for heavier wire gauges, capaci-
tance is the limiting factor. These cases are marked in the
chart with an asterisk (*). Maximum length can never be more
than 6,000 feet (1,800 m), regardless of gauge used.
Refer to the appropriate FACP manual for wiring details.
• N-ANN-RLY Relay Module provides 10 programmable Form
• ANN-MBRLY Optional mounting bracket.