Read and save these instructions warning, Warning, Caution – FRIGIDAIRE PL36WC51EC User Manual
Page 2: Intended for domestic cooking only
- 2 -
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. If you have questions, contact the manufacturer at the address or
telephone number listed in the warranty.
2. Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service panel and lock service panel to prevent power from being switched on
accidentally. When the service disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag,
to the service panel.
3. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by a qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes and standards,
including fire-rated construction codes and standards.
4. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment to prevent
backdrafting. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer’s guidelines and safety standards such as those published by the National
Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE),
and the local code authorities.
5. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
6. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
7. Do not use this unit with any separate solid-state speed control device.
8. To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal ductwork.
9. This unit must be grounded.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
A. Never leave surface units unattended at high settings. Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may ignite. Heat oils
slowly on low or medium settings.
B. Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when flambeing food (i.e. Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee, Peppercorn Beef
C. Clean ventilating fans frequently. Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on fan or filter.
D. Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for the size of the surface element.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:*
1. SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie sheet, or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO PREVENT BURNS.
If the flames do not go out immediately, EVACUATE AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
2. NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN - You may be burned.
3. DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or towels - violent steam explosion will result.
4. Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
A. You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher and you already know how to operate it.
B. The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
C. The fire department is being called.
D. You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
* Based on “Kitchen Fire Safety Tips” published by NFPA.
1. To reduce risk of fire and to properly exhaust air, be sure to duct air outside. Do not vent exhaust air into spaces within walls or
ceilings or into attics, crawl spaces, or garages.
2. Take care when using cleaning agents or detergents.
3. Avoid using food products that produce flames under the Range Hood.
4. For general ventilating use only. Do not use to exhaust hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
5. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbalanced impellers, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc. off power unit.
6. Your hood motor has a thermal overload which will automatically shut off the motor if it becomes overheated. The motor will restart
when it cools down. If the motor continues to shut off and restart, have the hood serviced.
7. For best capture of cooking impurities, the bottom of the hood should be a minimum of 24" and a maximum of 30" above the cooking
surface. See “Install Mounting Bracket” section for mounting restrictions.
8. Two installers are recommended because of the large size and weight of this hood.
9. Please read specification label on product for further information and requirements.
INTENDED FOR DOMESTIC COOKING ONLY