GE DCVH680EJBB User Manual
Installation instructions electric dryer 09, Warning, Before you begin
Questions or Installation? Call: 1-800-GECARES (US)
or Visit our Web site at: www.GEAppliances.com (US)
Step 1 Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of New
Dryer (see section 1).
Step 2 Check and Ensure the Existing External Exhaust is
Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Specifications (see section 3).
Step 3 Remove the Foam Shipping Pads (see section 1).
Step 4 Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Step 5 Connect the Power Supply (see section 2).
Step 6 Connect the External Exhaust (see section 4).
Step 7 Level Your Dryer (see section 5).
Step 8 Check the Operation of the Power Supply and
Step 9 Place the Owners Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a Location Where They Will Be
Noticed By the Owner.
For Alcove or Closet Installation, see section 6.
For Bathroom or Bedroom Installation, see section 7.
For Mobile or Manufactured Home see, section 8.
For side or bottom exhaust, see section 9.
Pub # 31-16228
PEDESTALS FOR DRYERS
(comes with individual installation instructions)
Three models available:
NOTE: Installation and service of this dryer
requires basic mechanical and electrical skills.
It is your responsibility to contact a qualified
installer to make the electrical connections.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
Save these instructions for local
Observe all governing codes and
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these instructions with
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions with your Use
and Care Book for future reference.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or discarded,
remove the dryer door.
• Service information and the wiring diagram are located in
the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance. Close super-
vision of children is necessary when the appliance is used
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above 50°F for
satisfactory operation of the dryer control system.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
DRYER POWER CORD
KIT (NOT PROVIDED
4" DIA. METAL
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (SEMI-RIGID)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
KIT WX08X10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (FOIL TYPE)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
WITH 3 OR 4 PRONGS.
IDENTIFY THE PLUG
TYPE AS PER THE
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
- RISK OF FIRE
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation instructions.
• Clothes dryer installation must be performed by a qualified installer.
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in accordance
with local codes.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only 4” rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to the
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could be
exposed to water and or weather.
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave these instructions with
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic ducting materials.
If flexible metal (semi-rigid or foil-type) duct is installed, it must be UL listed
and installed in accordance with the instructions found in "Connecting The
Dryer To House Vent" on page 5 of this manual. Flexible venting materials
are known to collapse, be easily crushed, and trap lint. These conditions will
obstruct dryer airflow and increase the risk of fire.