Using the coffee urn – FARBERWARE AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL COFFEE URN FSU 122 User Manual
USING THE COFFEE URN
1. Wash the Coffee Urn thoroughly before using for the first time.
(See “Cleaning Instructions” section in this manual.)
2. Remove cover and basket. Check to see that spigot is closed.
Use cold, fresh tap water to fill Coffee Urn. DO NOT
OVERFILL OR UNDERFILL. Fill according to markings on
inside of Urn for number of cups desired. Use cold tap water
— the automatic brewing cycle is timed to begin with a cold
3. Wet coffee basket to help keep small particles of coffee from
sifting through. Add desired amount of regular or percolator
grind coffee to basket and place on the pump tube. The pump
tube must be resting in center well.
The following chart suggests amount of coffee to use for
medium brew; amounts can be varied to suit personal taste and
AMOUNT OF GROUND
COFFEE TO USE*
1 pound can
1 cup brewed coffee = 5 fluid ounces
*Use standard measuring cups
4. Replace the Urn cover and secure in position by turning cover
clockwise until cover tabs fit into handle slots.
5. Plug into standard household 120 volt AC wall outlet.
To avoid unnecessary strain on the heating mechanism,
PLUG IN COFFEE URN AFTER THE WATER AND COFFEE