English – LG LDG3016ST EN User Manual
To Prove Warranty Coverage
Retain your Sales Receipt to prove date of purchase.
A copy of your Sales Receipt must be submitted at the time warranty
service is provided.
To Obtain the Nearest Authorized Service Center
or Sales Dealer, or to Obtain Product, Customer, or
Call 1-800-243-0000 (Phone answered 24 hours - 365 days a year) and
choose the appropriate prompt from the menu; or visit our website at:
LG Electronics Inc. will repair or replace your product, at LG’s option, if it proves to be defective in material or workmanship under
normal use, during the warranty period set forth below, effective from the date of original consumer purchase of the product.
This limited warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product and effective only when used in U.S.A.
HOW SERVICE IS HANDLED
From the date of the
Any part of the oven that fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. During this full
one-year warranty, LG will also provide, free of charge, all labour and in-home service
to replace the defective part.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY
IS REQUIRED BY LAW, IT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD ABOVE. LG WILL NOT BE LI-
ABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR
PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED
WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS
OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance, to instruct you how to use your appliance, to replace house fuses or
correct house wiring, or to replace owner-accessible light bulbs.
2. Repairs when your appliance is used in other than normal, single-family household use.
3. Pickup and delivery. Your appliance is designed to be repairable in the home.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, improper installation, acts of God, or use of products not
approved by LG Corporation.
5. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
6. Replacement parts or repair labour costs for units operated outside the united states.
7. Any labour costs during the limited warranty period.
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser for products purchased for home use within the U.S.A. In Alaska, the warranty
excludes the cost of shipping or service calls to your home.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may
not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To know what your legal rights are, consult your local or state consumer affairs or your state’s Attorney General.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE INFORMATION: