- online owner manuals library
Novatel SMARTV1G User Manual
Smart-v1/smart-v1g antenna, Quick start guide, Smart-v1/v1g box contents
Novatel SMARTV1G User Manual | 4 pages
This manual is related to the following products:
Table of contents
SMART-V1/V1G Box Contents
• An installation program for NovAtel’s Control and Display Unit (CDU) graphical user interface software
• Product documentation, including user manuals
SMART-V1/V1G Optional Cables
• USB (18-pin connector to 2 serial DB-9 connectors, 1 USB connector)
• CAN (18-pin connector to 2 serial DB-9 connectors, 1 CAN DB-9 connector)
• RS-422 (18-pin connector to 3 serial DB-9 connectors)
Table 1: Multi-Cables Bare Tagged Wire Colors
Additional Equipment Required
Setting Up Your SMART-V1/V1G
1. Mount the SMART-V1/V1G on a secure, stable structure with an unobstructed view of the sky.
2. Connect the SMART-V1/V1G to a serial port on the PC.
3. When connecting power to the SMART-V1 or SMART-V1G, it is recommended that you use a battery source. In this case, it is important that you tie together the bare wires tagged as GND2 (brown) and GND (black) to the battery’s negative terminal. Ti...
WARNING: If you do not use a battery, you must tie together the bare wires tagged as GND2 (brown), GND (black) and DIGGND (green) to the DC power supply’s negative ground connector. Failure to tie the appropriate grounds, as explained in this secti...
Installing the PC Utilities
1. Start up the PC.
2. Insert the accompanying CD in the CD-ROM drive of the computer.
3. Select Install the OEMV GPS PC Utilities from the window that is automatically displayed. If the window does not automatically open when the CD is inserted, select Run from the Start menu and select the Browse button to locate Setup.exe on the CD ...
4. Install the PC Utilities by advancing through the steps provided in the NovAtel GPS PC Utilities setup program.
Establishing Receiver Communication
1. Launch CDU from the Start menu folder specified during the installation process. The default location is Start | Programs | NovAtel OEMV | OEMV PC Software.
2. Select Open.... from the Device menu.
3. Select the New... button in the Open dialog box.
4. Enter a name for the new device configuration in the Name field of the New Config dialog box.
5. Select the Settings button.
6. Select the PC serial port the SMART-V1/V1G is connected to from the PC Port drop-down list.
7. Select 57600 from the Baud Rate list.
8. Uncheck the Use hardware handshaking checkbox.
9. Select OK to save the settings.
10. Select the OK button to close the New Config dialog box and create the new device configuration.
11. Select the new configuration from the Available device configs list in the Open dialog box.
12. Select the Open button to open communications with the SMART-V1/V1G.
Determining when the Position is Valid
• ASCII (log bestposa)
• Abbreviated ASCII (log bestpos)
• Binary (log bestposb).
The OEMV Family Quick Reference Guide provided with the receiver lists the available commands and the parameters they use for the Abbreviated ASCII format.
Logs can be generated in one of three formats: ASCII, Abbreviated ASCII, or Binary. Refer to the OEMV Family Firmware Reference Manual (OM-20000094) for information on the LOG command, specifying the output format, and the detailed contents of each log.
Enabling SBAS Positioning
Once enabled, the Position Type field shown in CDU’s Position window should change from Single to WAAS and you may see SBAS satellites in the Constellation window.
Enabling L-Band Positioning
A value entered in Hz is rounded to the nearest 500 Hz.
To specify the correction source, use the PSRDIFFSOURCE command as shown in the examples below:
otherwise it is left at the default AUTOMATIC .
Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) Positioning
RT-20 is supported by GPS-only and GPS+GLONASS models. Also, RT-20 with GPS+GLONASS provides faster convergence.
Using the CAN Bus
Questions or Comments
Phone: 1-800-NOVATEL (U.S. & Canada)
Canon - AE-1
Fitbit - Flex
Nikon - D5000
Nikon - D40
Nikon - D3100
Nikon - D90
Nikon - D7000
Nikon - D80
Nikon - D3000
HP - Officejet Pro 8600
Canon - EOS 60D
HP - 12C Financial calculator