UVPS Lamp Voltage Interface B003-001 User Manual
Lamp voltage interface
Lamp Voltage Interface™
Installation and Operation Instructions
Model No. B003-001
1. To ensure safe installation and use of your Lamp
Volt Interface™ (LVI™), please direct all users
to read this technical sheet.
2. Turn off the power supply at its source before
installing this unit, or before performing any
3. ALLOW TIME FOR CAPACITORS TO
DISCHARGE BEFORE WORKING ON
ANY POWER SUPPLY.
4. DO NOT TOUCH EXPOSED POSITIVE OR
NEGATIVE INTERFACE LEADS WHEN
INSTALLING THIS DEVICE.
5. Keep flammable materials a minimum of three
feet from any operating equipment.
6. Do not alter the wiring of this unit prior to,
during or following installation.
7. The LVI™ permits volt reading by a high
impedance meter by reducing the actual reading
of actual power. Therefore, an actual
voltage of 2000V would be displayed as “20.00.”
The Lamp Volt Interface™ must be installed parallel
with the curing system’s UV lamp wiring. Therefore,
connector leads are to be installed directly over
respective lamp leads connected to ballast and
1. With electrical power shut off at the source, open
the power supply cabinet to expose your curing
equipment’s electrical components. Allow
enough time for capacitors to discharge all
electrical energy before beginning any work.
2. Loosen and remove the nut that secures the lamp
lead to the ballast terminal. Do not remove the
lead from the terminal.
3. Slip the round, closed-end LVI™ connector lead
over the ballast terminal and secure.
4. Locate the first capacitor that is wired directly to
the first mercury relay. Plug the stab-on
connector onto an available tab on the capacitor.
5. Mount the LVI™ junction box to the inner side-
wall of the power supply cabinet. This unit can
be mounted by drilling two holes in the side of
the cabinet, and securing the junction box with
two #6, #8 or #10 screws. Proper mounting will
prevent excessive vibration and ensure
consistent, long-term performance.
6. Connect the interface leads into appropriate +/-
screw receptacles on a high impedance, panel-
mount volt meter (must be a true RMS volt
meter; available directly from UVPS).
7. Close the power supply cabinet when assembly
is complete. Turn power on at its source.
1. Turn your curing system or machinery on.
2. With the LVI™ integrated directly between your
curing system’s incoming power source and the
capacitor, the panel-mount voltmeter will
indicate (via its LCD or LED display) volt levels
at .01 of actual power. Therefore, for units
operating at 2450v, the voltmeter will display a
reading of “24.50v”.