Vicks High Performance Air Purifier HFD-135 User Manual
Important safety instructions, High performance air purifier
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
THIS AIR PURIFIER
When using electrical appliances, basic
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before operating the air
2. Place air purifier where it is not easily knocked
over by persons in the household.
3. Always turn the air purifier to the OFF position
and unplug from the wall outlet when not in
4. To disconnect the air purifier, first press the
) button to turn the air purifier off,
grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet.
Never pull by the cord.
5. Do not use any product with a damaged cord
or plug or if product malfunctions, is dropped
or damaged in any manner. Keep the cord
away from heated surfaces.
6. Do not use air purifier outdoors.
7. Never use air purifier unless it is fully
8. Do not run power cord under carpets, and do
not cover with throw rugs. Arrange cord such
that it will not be tripped over.
9. Do not use air purifier where combustible
gases, vapors or an oxygen rich environment
10. Do not expose the air purifier to rain, or use
near water, in a bathroom, laundry area or
other damp location.
11. The air purifier must be used in its upright
12. Do not allow foreign objects to enter ventilation
or exhaust opening as this may cause electric
shock or damage to the air purifier. Do not
block air outlets or intakes.
13. Locate air purifier near the outlet and avoid
using an extension cord.
14. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way
in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit
fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still
does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
15. A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle)
and plug may cause overheating and a
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified
electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
16. Do not sit, stand or place heavy objects on the
17. Disconnect power supply before servicing.
WARNING: To Reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, do not use this air purifier with any
solid-state speed control device.
The sealed UV bulbs contain a small amount of
mercury. Dispose of these items at household
hazardous waste collection sites only. If the UV
bulb breaks, do not vacuum or handle with your
HFD-135 OM English.qxd 10/14/05 5:35 PM Page 1