Precautions, Warning, Caution – Yamaha MY16-EX User Manual
MY16-EX Owner’s Manual
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injur y or even death from
electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not
limited to, the following:
• Before installing the card in an audio device please check to make sure that the device is compatible with the card and check
possible restrictions regarding the maximum number of Yamaha and third-party expansion cards that can be simultaneously
installed. Refer to the owner’s manual supplied with the audio device, and/or the Yamaha Pro Audio web site at:
• Do not install the card in any Yamaha products not specified by Yamaha for use with the card to avoid possible electrical
shock, fire, or equipment damage.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the card. Do not apply excessive force to card connectors or other card components.
Mishandling of the card may lead to shock, fire hazard, or equipment failure.
• Be sure to disconnect the power cable of the host device before installing the card and connecting/disconnecting the cables (in
order to eliminate shock hazard, undesired noise, and avoid equipment damage).
• Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the host device before installation, and unplug all related cables.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injur y to you or others, or
damage to the device or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Be sure to properly ground the host device to prevent electrical shock and/or malfunction.
• Do not touch the metallic leads (pins) of the circuit board when handling the card. The pins are sharp and may cause hand
• Wear a pair of heavy gloves during installation to avoid scratching or cutting your hands on sharp edges.
• Avoid touching exposed connectors and metal parts to minimize the possibility of bad connections.
• Drain all static electricity from your clothing and body before handling the card. Static electricity can damage the card. Touch
an exposed metal part of the host device or other grounded object beforehand.
• Do not drop the card or subject it to physical shock as this can result in breakage and/or malfunction.
• Do not drop screws or other small parts inside the card. If power is applied while screws or similar metal objects are loose
inside the unit the card may malfunction or be damaged. If you cannot retrieve dropped objects yourself, refer the problem to
qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• The illustrations as shown in this Owner’s Manual are for instructional purposes only, and may be different from the ones on
• The company names and product names in this Owner’s Manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the device, or data that is lost or