NOSHOK NEMA 4 Enclosures User Manual
Plastic enclosures, Enc2 installation
NEMA 4 ENCLOSURES FOR 1900 & 1950 SERIES
ENC2 DIMENSIONS In inches (mm)
ENC3 DIMENSIONS In inches (mm)
These enclosures are designed for applications requiring a water resistant
instrument enclosure. The enclosures are fabricated of polycarbonate and are
designed to withstand NEMA 4X/IP65 wash-down applications. The
enclosures must be drilled to accept conduit fittings or other types of wiring
connectors. The enclosures can be used free-standing, or securely fastened to
a mounting surface.
Plastic Enclosure for single units
It is recommended to wire the unit before mounting it in the enclosure to
ensure good electrical connections. The following steps outline the most
common sequence for installing a unit without a PS3 attached.
1. Determine the location of the conduit fitting and drill the necessary hole.
Install the fitting and bring the wiring into the enclosure.
2. Slide the panel gasket over the rear of the unit to the back of the bezel
3. Assemble nut fastener and mounting screw onto both sides of the mounting
clip. The tip of the screw should not project from the hole in mounting clip.
4. Install the unit through the opening in the front of the lid until the bezel
flange contacts the panel.
5. Slide the mounting clip over the rear of the unit until the mounting clip is
against the inside of the enclosure. The mounting clip has latching
features which engage into mating features on the unit’s
Note: It is necessary to hold the unit in place when
sliding the mounting clip into position.
6. Alternately tighten each screw to ensure uniform
gasket pressure. Visually inspect the front panel
gasket. The gasket should be compressed to about
75 to 80% of its original thickness (Recommended
torque is 28 to 36 in-oz.). If not, gradually turn
mounting screws to further compress the gasket.
7. If the gasket is not adequately compressed, and the
mounting screws can no longer be turned, loosen the
mounting screws and check that the mounting clip is
latched as close as possible to the inside of enclosure.
Repeat the procedure for tightening the screws.
8. Connect the necessary wires to the unit for the application desired.
9. Assemble the enclosure with the screws
provided. Alternately tighten each screw
to ensure uniform gasket pressure.
Plastic Enclosure for units with a PS3 attached