Troubleshooting, Before calling for service – LG LRE30451ST User Manual
- 30 -
Possible cause / Solution
• Poor installation. Place oven rack in center of oven. Place a level on the oven rack.
Adjust leveling legs at base of range until the oven rack is level.
• Be sure floor is level and is strong and stable enough to adequately support range.
• If floor is sagging or sloping, contact a carpenter to correct the situation.
• Kitchen cabinet alignment may make range appear unlevel. Be sure cabinets are square
and have sufficient room for range clearance.
• Cabinets not square or are built in too tightly. Contact builder or installer to make appliance
• Carpet interferes with range. Provide sufficient space so range can be lifted over carpet.
• Electronic control has detected the fault
condition. Press CLEAR/OFF to clear
the display and stop beeping.
Reprogram oven. If fault recurs, record
fault number. Press CLEAR/OFF and
contact a Service agent
• Improper cookware being used.
- Use pans which are flat and match the diameter of the surface unit selected.
• In some areas, the power (voltage) may be low.
- Cover pan with a lid until desired heat is obtained.
• A fuse in your home may be blown or the circuit breaker tripped.
- Replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker.
• Cooktop controls improperly set.
- Check to see the correct control is set for the surface unit you are using.
• This is normal. The unit is still on and hot.
• Food spillovers not cleaned before next use.
- See Cleaning the glass cooktop section.
• Hot surface on a model with a light-colored cooktop.
- This is normal. The surface may appear discolored when it is hot. This is temporary and
will disappear as the glass cools.
• This is normal.
- The element will cycle on and off to maintain the heat setting.
BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE
Before you call for service, review this list. It may save you time and expense. The list includes common occurrences that are not
the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
Door locking system don’t operate
Open oven sensor
Shorted oven sensor
Oven is too hot
Range is not level.
Cannot move appliance
Appliance must be
accessible for service.
Oven control beeps and
displays any F code error.
Surface units will not
maintain a rolling boil or
cooking is not fast
Surface units do not work
Surface unit stops
glowing when changed
to a lower setting
Areas of discoloration on
Frequent cycling on and
off of surface units