Elkhart Products Corporation (EPC) APOLLOXPRESS User Manual
Installation guide & pressing instructions
For additional inf
tion, submittal sheets and manuals
, visit w
APOLLO VALVES Customer Service (704) 841-6000
InSTALLATIOn GUIDE & PRESSInG InSTRUCTIOnS
Small Diameter Fittings ½” -2”
APOLLOXPRESS® small diameter fittings are made from naturally
lead free copper or lead free brass in the USA. EPDM O-rings are
pre-installed and lubricated with ANSI/NSF 61 listed silicone oil.
Large Diameter Fittings
APOLLOXPRESS® large diameter fittings are made from naturally lead
free copper in the USA. They also contain a one-piece 360 degree solid
stainless steel grip ring and EPDM O-rings pre-installed and lubricated
with ANSI/NSF 61 listed silicone oil.
APOLLOXPRESS® valves are offered in lead free and non-lead free
brass and bronze materials. They contain pre-installed EPDM O-rings
treated with a silicone-free NSF 61 listed lubricant.
EPDM Sealing Element
Ethylene-Propylene Diene Monomer or EPDM is black and shiny in
appearance and has an operating temperature range of 0°F-250°F.
When properly installed the EPDM seal will last as long as the copper
pipe with which it is joined.
APOLLOXPRESS® connections are heat and flame free, contain Leak
Before Press® functionality and offer a clean and professional look.
APOLLOXPRESS® fittings are ideal for commercial and residential
applications and feature an EPDM sealing element making
APOLLOXPRESS® the ideal solution for;
• Hot and cold potable water – 200psi at 250°F pressure rating
• Hydronic heating – a water mixture of ethylene, propylene, butylene
and glycol up to 100% concentration
• Chilled water
• Compressed air – Clean, dry and oil free filtered air
• Low pressure steam, 15 psi maximum
• Gray water
• Other chemicals compatible with EPDM. Please contact Elkhart
Products product engineering for evaluation and approval.
LISTInGS, APPROVALS AnD CODES
• IAPMO listed to NSF 61, NSF 372, IAPMO PS-117 and CSA TIL-MSE-13
• Compliant with the following plumbing codes
- ICC International Plumbing Code
- UPC Uniform Plumbing Code
- National Standard Plumbing Code
• Compliant with the following State and local requirements
- Massachusetts Commonwealth of Massachusetts Product Approval
- Illinois Department of Public Health, Plumbing Code Advisory
- Kentucky Commonwealth of Kentucky, Office of Housing, Buildings
- Minnesota Plumbing Code Advisory Council
- Wisconsin Safety and Buildings Division
- State of Michigan
- Miami/Dade County Public School District
- City of Los Angeles, California – General Approval RR# 5630
- Ford Motor Company
• For the most up-to-date listing certificate please visit the IAPMO
and NSF websites.
• For listings, approvals and code compliances not listed here please
contact Elkhart Products product engineering for further information.
APOLLOXPRESS® valves have been designed to meet the most
rigorous industry standards. Depending upon the product, numerous
approvals are available including NSF 61, NSF 372, CSA, ASSE and USC .
See individual product submittal sheets for specific approvals.