H&H Specialties 700 Series Track Installation Instructions User Manual
H & H Specialties Inc.
700 Series Installation
South El Monte, CA 91733
December 08, 2007
Page 1 of 1
700 SERIES LIGHT-DUTY
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY
The 700 Series Track is a light-duty I-beam style suitable for
curved or straight curtains up to 40 feet. This Series is for walk-
along use only and cannot be rigged for cord operation. A 4'-0"
minimum is suggested for ease of operation and for optimum
A. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Before raising track into position, determine location of
hangers. Install end stop (709) at one end of the track.
2. Place track either on the floor or on sawhorses in the
configuration of the finished track. If track needs to be spliced,
please refer to the section on splices in "Special Instructions."
3. Install hangers (706 or 711) evenly along the entire run of the
track starting adjacent to the end. Refer to recommended
spacing provided. Additional hangers should be installed on
curves and others may be required due to site conditions.
4. The 700 Series may also be suspended with wire rope or
welded link chain. Use attachment method appropriate to
application and as determined by a qualified person.
5. For COMPLETE Tracks, one single carrier (701, 716, or
728) is provided per foot of track and one pair of master carriers
(702, 717, or 729) are provided, one for each end of curtain.
Install single and master carriers on track. Finally, install one
end stop (709) on open end of track to captivate single and
6. The curtain may now be attached to the carriers.
B. CEILING MOUNT INSTALLATION
1. After laying out the track, use a plumb line or laser to locate
positions of the ceiling hangers relative to the track. Use
appropriate attachment methods for the individual job
conditions. Before installing ceiling hangers (711) make sure
that the ceiling is parallel to the floor. Shims may need to be
installed to compensate for irregularities.
2. After the hangers are installed, raise the track in sections and
attach to the ceiling hangers. In many cases, ceiling hangers can
be installed onto the track, then raised to the ceiling for
mounting of the hanger.
3. Install single and master carriers per the above.
1. In order to have a smooth operating track it is important that
the track splices are installed properly and carefully. Make sure
that the ends of the track are smooth and no ragged edges are
2. Whenever possible, splices should be located on straight
sections of track. If track must be spliced on a curve it is
necessary to interrupt the radius in that location with a short
straight section of track (4" minimum) to accommodate the
3. A drill fixture (707FX) is available from the factory to
facilitate field drilling of splices for the 700 Series track.
Pivot Devices: Pivot devices are not available from the factory
and are not to be used with the 700 Series Track. .
RECOMMENDED TRACK SUPPORT SPACING
Using 706 Clamp Hanger or
711 Ceiling Hanger (in feet)
Per Carrier (pounds)
The user is cautioned that H & H Specialties Inc. cannot guarantee the
accuracy of the data presented in this table for every situation. It is the
customer’s responsibility to determine the suitability of H & H
Specialties’ products for any given application, taking into account the
specific requirements, the environment of use, and any possible
peculiarities of the application.
This product is designed for moving curtains or, in
some cases, scenery.
NONE OF THE ITEMS DESCRIBED HEREIN ARE
DESIGNED, INTENDED OR WARRANTED FOR
THE USE OF LIFTING OR TRANSPORTING
PEOPLE OR OTHER LIVING OBJECTS.
H & H Specialties Inc. makes no representation of the
suitability of any product for any application unless
specific design drawings are made by the factory and
the products are installed in precisely the manner
detailed by our design staff.