Salter 519 HBSSCR Heston Blumenthal Precision Confectionery Thermometer User Manual
Digital confectionery thermometer
DIGITAL CONFECTIONERY THERMOMETER
GB > INSTRUCTIONS AND GUARANTEE
The Heston Blumenthal Precision range of thermometers by Salter represent the epitome of precision and
accuracy, innovation, style and heritage.
Please read this instruction manual before use. Keep these instructions for future reference.
1 CR2032 3V lithium Cell (included).
If the display becomes dim or irregular, replace the battery. N.B small crosshead screw driver required.
1. Remove silicone backing
2. Loosen screws located in the base/stem – do not lose.
3. Carefully detach the base/stem from the thermometer head taking care not to damage the wires.
4. Remove the screw securing the metal battery cover in place and gently remove the cover (take care not
to lose the screw).
5. Replace battery ensuring +/- terminals are the correct way round.
6. Replace the cover ensuring the 2 tabs opposite the screw hole are tucked under the black plastic
casing. Tighten screw.
7. Reassemble casing and tighten screws. Replace silicone cover.
• We recommend that the thermometer stem is sterilised before each use e.g. insert the stem only in
boiling water for a few minutes.
• Use caution when handling the thermometer during use to prevent burns or other injury.
• Always wear a heat resistant glove when handling the thermometer stem during or just after use.
WARNING HOT SURFACE!
• Do not immerse the head of the thermometer in liquid, or splash any liquid onto this part. The internal
components could become damaged if they come into contact with water.
• The thermometer is NOT suitable for use in a microwave oven.
• To switch on press the Ent button. The upper display shows the current temperature. The lower LCD
shows a dashed line.
• The thermometer can display Celcius or Fahrenheit. Press F/C to select the required setting.
• Enter the Food selection screen by pressing Ent. The lower part of the display shows the preset food
selection and temperature.
• Press + or – to scroll through the food types. See chart below for full list of settings and temperatures.
• Press En
t to make your selection. The temperature digits will stop flashing.
• Clip the thermometer to the side of the pan ensuring the stem is at least 6cm/2½” into the liquid and
ensuring the tip does not come into contact with the base of the pan.
• Once the liquid has reached the preset temperature the alarm will beep.
• The alarm will continue to sound for 5 minutes before automatically switching off. To manually switch
off the alarm press Ent.
• If the temperature changes again within 3 minutes the alarm will begin to sound for an additional 5 minutes.
• To switch off, press and hold the Ent button for 3 seconds. The unit will automatically switch off when
the temperature reading falls below 120°F/XX°C for longer than 5 mins.
Pre-set Temperature reference Chart:
Preset temp. - °C
Preset temp. - °F
Cleaning and care:
To clean wipe with a damp cloth. Do not use chemical or abrasive cleaning agents. Do not immerse the
thermometer head in water. Do NOT place in a dishwasher
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes
throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled
waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To
return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the
product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
Salter will repair or replace this product free of charge, if within two years of the date of purchase it can
be shown to have failed through defective workmanship or materials. This undertaking is in addition to a
consumer’s statutory rights and does not affect those rights in any way. For UK Sales and Service contact
HoMedics Group Ltd, PO Box 460, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 9EW, UK. Helpline Tel No: (01732) 360783. Outside
the UK contact your local Salter appointed agent.