Precautions, Specifications – Sony ICF-18 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• Do not open the unit. Refer servicing to
qualified personnel only.
• Operate the unit only on 3 V DC with two R20
(size D) batteries.
• Avoid exposure to temperature extremes,
direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust, or
Never leave in a car parked in the sun.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the
unit, remove the batteries, and have the unit
checked by qualified personnel before
operating it any further.
• Since a strong rnagnet is used for the speaker,
keep personal credit cards using magnetic
coding or spring-wound watches away from
the unit to prevent possible damage from the
• To clean the casing, use a soft cloth dampened
with a mild detergent solution. Never use
abrasive cleaners or chemical solvents, as they
may mar the casing.
• In vehicles or in buildings, radio reception may
be difficult or noisy. Try listening near a
If you have any questions or problem
concerning your unit, please consult the
nearest Sony dealer.
FM: 87.5-108 MHz
AM: 530 - 1,605 kHz
Approx. 9.2 cm dia.
300 mW (max.)
(B jack (minijack)
3 V DC, two R20 (size D) batteries
(8 x 5 X 2 ^/8 in.) (w/h/d)
inch projecting parts and controls
Approx. 694 g (lib 8 oz.) ind. batteries
Carrying strap (1)
Design and specifications are subject to change