Tool set up, Safety opera tion maintenance setup – Chicago Electric 7.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw 69067 User Manual
For technical questions, please call 1-800-444-3353.
Read the ENTIRE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION section at the beginning of this
manual including all text under subheadings therein before set up or use of this product.
Tool Set Up
TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY FROM
Release the Trigger, make sure the Trigger Lock is not
engaged and unplug the tool from its electrical outlet
before adjusting the tool or installing accessories.
Installing the Saw Blade
1. If there is an installed blade, remove it by
opening the Chuck and pulling the blade out.
To open the Chuck, rotate it counterclockwise
and hold it in the open position.
2. Release the Chuck to close it.
3. To install the new Saw Blade, rotate and hold the
Chuck counterclockwise while inserting the Saw
Blade and pushing it in to its deepest position.
4. Release the Chuck to close it.
5. Check that the Saw Blade is firmly locked in
place and that the teeth are pointed downward.
WARNING! To prevent serious injury: Before
plugging in the Power Cord for each use, wearing
work gloves, pull on the Saw Blade to make
sure it is securely locked in the Chuck.
Adjusting the Pivot Shoe
1. The retracted blade length should be longer than the
width of the workpiece. If the Blade is shorter, the
tip will jam in the workpiece during cutting, possibly
causing injury and damaging the Blade or workpiece.
To adjust the Pivot Shoe and the Blade extension:
2. Loosen both Cap Screws on the
underside of the Front Cover.
3. Adjust the Pivot Shoe in or out as needed.
4. Tighten the Cap Screws. Do not over tighten.