General precautions – Cisco OL-13985-01 User Manual
User Guide for Cisco Digital Media Player Device Manager 1.1
Chapter 1 Introduction
Environmental Tolerances and Safety Guidelines
The device is designed to work with TN power systems.
The power supply must be placed indoors.
Do not work on the system or connect or disconnect cables during periods of lightning activity.
Read the installation instructions before connecting the system to the power source.
This product relies on the building's installation for short-circuit (overcurrent) protection. Ensure that
the protective device is rated not greater than: 120 VAC, 15A U.S. (240 VAC, 10A international)
The plug-socket combination must be accessible at all times, because it serves as the main
To avoid electric shock, do not connect safety extra-low voltage (SELV) circuits to telephone-network
voltage (TNV) circuits. LAN ports contain SELV circuits, and WAN ports contain TNV circuits. Some
LAN and WAN ports both use RJ-45 connectors. Use caution when connecting cables.
Installation of the equipment must comply with local and national electrical codes.
This equipment is intended to be grounded. Ensure that the host is connected to an earth ground
during normal use.
When installing the unit, always make the ground connection first and disconnect it last.
Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations.
To reduce the risk of bodily injury, electrical shock, fire, and damage to the equipment, observe the
Observe the following general precautions for using and working with your system:
Observe and follow service markings. Do not service any Cisco product except as explained in your
system documentation. Opening or removing covers that are marked with the triangular symbol with
a lightning bolt may expose you to electrical shock. Components inside these compartments should
be serviced only by an authorized service technician.
If any of the following conditions occur, unplug the product from the electrical outlet and replace
the part or contact your authorized service provider:
The power cable, extension cord, or plug is damaged.
An object has fallen into the product.
The product has been exposed to water.
The product has been dropped or damaged.
The product does not operate correctly when you follow the operating instructions.