GlowShift Boost & EGT Combo Gauge User Manual
Digital series boost & egt combo gauge, For product numbers: gs-bdc01 and gs-rdc01
Digital Series Boost & EGT Combo Gauge
For Product Numbers: GS-BDC01 and GS-RDC01
Wire Harness Color Code
12v Constant (un-switched) Source (+)
Connects to the Blue Wire on the EGT Probe
12v Ignition (switched) Source (+)
Connects to the Pink Wire on the EGT Probe
Vehicle / Engine Ground (-)
Connects to White Wire on the Boost Pressure Sensor
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Installing the Boost Pressure Sensor
2. To install the boost pressure sensor, cut any boost line and insert the included T-
fitting between the cut boost lines. Once the T-fitting is installed, connect the boost
line, with the air filter connected, to the digital boost pressure sensor.
Note: Be sure that the boost pressure sensor is mounted in a dry
location either to the firewall or inside the cabin.
Installing the EGT Probe
3. There are two common types of EGT probe installations. We recommend
installing the probe pre-turbo for the most accurate reading.
Exhaust Manifold: Drill and tap the exhaust manifold to 1/8
-27 NPT. Install
the supplied EGT probe directly into your exhaust manifold.
Note: After drilling and tapping your exhaust manifold be sure
to use both a magnet and vacuum to safely remove all shavings
from the manifold.
Exhaust Temperature Bracket: This method is not shown, but you may
purchase an exhaust temperature bracket from www.GlowShift.com. This
adapter is clamped and tightened around the exhaust pipe and provides a 1/8
NPT fitting for an EGT probe. Using a 9/16
drill bit, drill a hole in your
exhaust pipe. Position and tighten the adapter clamp, then permanently mount
the probe through the fitting and into the exhaust pipe.
Connecting the Power Wire Harness
4. Route the wire harness from the back of the gauge through the firewall to the
boost sensor mounting location. Next, couple and secure the white wire on the wire
harness to the white wire on the boost pressure sensor. Now you can connect the
red wire on the boost pressure sensor to a positive switched 12 volt source and
connect the black wire to any good (unpainted) ground location.
Note: Be sure to use a grommet when routing wires through the firewall
to protect them from being cut or damaged.
5. Connect the pink & blue wires from the gauge wire harness to the pink & blue
wires of the exhaust temperature probe.
6. To make the wiring of your gauges easier you can purchase an expandable
circuit. This component easily fits into your fuse panel and provides an additional
fused power wire for accessories such as gauges. The expandable circuit is available
for purchase at www.GlowShift.com.
7. Using automotive grade wiring (18 gauge), connect the yellow wire to a positive
12 volt constant (un-switched) source either on the vehicle or in the fuse box.
Note: If you are connecting the yellow wire directly to the battery, you
MUST install a 3 amp fuse within 6-8 inches of the battery connection.
8. Using automotive grade wiring (18 gauge); connect the red wire to a positive 12
volt ignition (switched) source. It may be connected to the fuse panel, an accessory
wire, or any positive 12 volt source that turns on and off with the ignition.
9. Using automotive grade wiring (18 gauge); connect the black wire to any good
(unpainted) ground connection. You may also route a wire directly to the negative
side of the vehicle’s battery.
10. Reconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.