Nexen RSD100 Communications Kit 964521 User Manual
Web control products, Rsd100 c
form no. l-21101-D-1105
The communications software is used to setup, tune and diagnose the rSD100 Dancer Controllers.
98 (or newer) or compatible operat-
ing system and available 9-pin male serial port.
SOFTWARE INSTALLATION BY INTERNET
1. rSD100 Communications Software is available for download
from the nexen website at www.nexengroup.com
2. navigate to the RSD100 Communications Software product
3. Click on the appropriate software product and select Download
Software under resources.
4. At the open/Save prompt, select Open. The software
will be downloaded and the installation process will start
5. follow the directions for Installation.
SOFTWARE INSTALLATION BY CD
1. Insert the disk into the computer's CD drive.
2. The installation should start automatically.
If not, select rUn from the Windows STArT menu. Click on
BroWSE and locate the CD drive in the directory. open the
rSD100 application. Click oK at the rUn pop-up window.
3. follow the directions for Installation.
1. Connect the communications cable to an available 9-pin male
serial port on the computer.
Electrostatic discharge can damage the circuit board.
Avoid excessive handling and, if possible, wear an
antistatic wrist strap.
2. Carefully remove the cover of the rSD to gain access to the
3. Set jumper W2 to position 1 (See figure 1).
4. Connect the other end of the communications cable to the
rSD circuit board connector (as shown)
5. Apply power to the rSD100.
6. Click on the RSD100 Comm icon located on the desktop.
7. Click on the Help menu and select Help.
8. read the help files for instruction on using the rSD100
WEB CONTROL ProDUCTS
The rSD100 must be powered up in order to
open the communications line with the rSD100