Other accessories, Viewfinder accessories (a 155), A 155) – Nikon D60 User Manual
Page 167: A 155
Viewfinder eyepiece accessories
Remove the viewfinder eyepiece cup before attaching viewfinder eyepiece accessories. See
“Eyepiece Cap“ (A 56) for more information on removing the rubber eyecup.
• Diopter adjustment viewfinder lenses: This feature is helpful for those who are far-
sighted or short-sighted. Lenses can be exchanged easily by inserting to the eyepiece.
Lenses are available with diopters of –5, –4, –3, –2, 0, +0.5, +1, +2, and +3m
D60 diopter adjustment control is at the –1m
position). Use diopter adjustment lenses
only if the desired focus cannot be achieved with the built-in diopter adjustment control
(–1.7 to +0.5m
). Test diopter adjustment lenses before purchase to ensure that the
desired focus can be achieved. The rubber eyecup cannot be attached when diopter
adjustment viewfinder lenses used.
• Eyepiece Magnifier DG-2: Magnify the scene displayed in the center of the viewfinder for
close-up photography, copying, telephoto lenses, and other tasks that require added
precision. Eyepiece adapter required (available separately). When the Eyepiece Magnifier
DG-2 is attached, the eye sensor does not respond appropriately. If necessary, select Off
for Shooting info auto off (A 123) in the setup menu.
• Eyepiece Adapter DK-22: Attach the Eyepiece Magnifier DG-2 to the D60.
• Right-angle Viewing Attachment DR-6: The DR-6 attaches at a right angle to the
viewfinder eyepiece, allowing the image in the viewfinder to be viewed from above when
the camera is in portrait orientation. When the Right-angle Viewing Attachment DR-6 is
attached, the eye sensor does not respond appropriately. If necessary, select Off for
Shooting info auto off (A 123) in the setup menu.
• Nikon filters can be divided into three types: screw-in, slip-in, and rear-interchange. Use
Nikon filters; other filters may interfere with autofocus or electronic range finding.
• The D60 cannot be used with linear polarizing filters. Use the C-PL circular polarizing filter
• The NC and L37C filters are recommended for protecting the lens.
• Moiré may occur if a filter is used when the subject is framed against a bright light or when
a bright light source is in the frame. Taking pictures without a filter is recommended.
• Center-weighted metering (A 62) is recommended with filters with exposure factors
(filter factors) over 1× (Y48, O56, R60, X0, X1, C-PL, ND4S, ND8S, A2, A12, B2, B8, B12). When
matrix metering is selected, enough effect may not be expected. See the documentation
provided with filters for details.
• Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9: Additional EN-EL9 batteries are available from local
retailers and Nikon service representatives.