Hubbardton Forge 124555 User Manual
A115, Assembly & installation instructions
Assembly & Installation Instructions
For Compass Semi-Flush 12-4555
Page 1 of 2
Vermont-Made Lighting and Accessorie
P.O. Box 827, 154 Route 30 South, Castleton, Vermont 05735
19841 Rev B
Install the Canopy
C Hex Nut (2)
Caution: Be sure power is off at the main breaker box prior to installation.
1. Slip canopy ring (G) large diameter first over threaded nipple (D)
and thread on and over coupling (E) followed by canopy (F)
coming to rest on socket assembly (H).
2. Thread hex nuts (C) and crossbar (A) onto threaded nipple (D)
leave parts loose.
3. Using two machine screws (not provided) fasten the crossbar (A) to
the electric box.
Note: A new electric box comes with screws. When replacing a
fixture, retain the existing screws for use with the new fixture.
4. Adjust the length of threaded nipple (D) in crossbar (A) so that
canopy ring (G) will hold canopy (F) against the ceiling with no
threads showing for best appearance. When the correct adjustment
is established, tighten hex nuts (C) against crossbar (A) to hold the
5. Loosen canopy ring (G) from coupling (E) and lower canopy ring
(G) and canopy (F) until they rest on top of socket
6. Using suitable wire connectors (not provided) connect fixture wires
to supply wires (white to white or ribbed and black to black or
smooth. Connect all ground wires to green ground screw (B). Push
wires back into outlet box.
Caution: Make sure wire connectors are twisted on securely, and
no bare wire is exposed.
CAUTION: FAILURE TO INSTALL THIS FIXTURE PROPERLY MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS PERSONAL
INJURY OR DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. We recommend installation by a licensed electrician.
This product must be installed in accordance with applicable installation code(s), by a person familiar with the
construction and operation of the product and the hazards involved.*
Caution: Do not exceed maximum wattage noted on fixture. Use only recommended bulbs with fixture.