Honeywell H46C User Manual
H46c humidity controller, Caution, Application
H46C Humidity Controller
The H46C Humidity Controller is used with portable and
central unit dehumidifiers to maintain relative humidity.
The H46 has an spst, snap-acting switch designed for
line voltage circuits and two leadwires for switch box
When Installing this Product...
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow
them could damage the product or cause a
2. Check the ratings in the instructions and on the
product to make sure the product is suitable for
3. Installer must be a trained, experienced service
4. After installation is complete, check out product
operation as provided in these instructions.
Electrical Shock Hazard.
Can cause electrical shock or equipment
Disconnect power supply before connecting
Select a location about 5 ft (1.5m) above the floor in an
area with good circulation at average temperature and
humidity for the area to be controlled. Avoid locations
near hot or cold air ducts and discharged air from the
1. Remove the setting knob.
2. To remove cover, pull cover forward from device.
3. Install a 2 in. x 3 in. (51 mm x 76 mm) vertical
switch box at the selected location.
4. Using the two screws provided, fasten the adapter
plate to the switch box, as shown.
5. Pull the wires from the switch box through the
opening in the adapter plate and connect to the
H46 leadwires with the solderless connectors
provided. See Fig. 2 and 3 for typical hookup.
6. Push the wires back into the switch box.
7. Place the H46 against the adapter plate, making
certain the tab at the bottom of the plate fits into the
notch on the H46.
8. Fasten the H46 to the adapter plate by tightening
the captive screw.
9. Replace the cover and the setting knob.
2 X 3 IN.
H46 LEADWIRES (2)
Fig. 1. Mounting H46C on vertical switch box.
Disconnect power supply before connecting wiring to
avoid electrical shock or equipment damage. All wiring
must comply with local codes or equipment damage. All
wiring must comply with local codes and ordinances. Do
not exceed contact and coil ratings when wiring into
system. See Fig. 2.
® U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 2003 Honeywell International Inc. •
• All Rights Reserved