Honeywell V5863A User Manual
Caution, Features, Specifications
M6410A, M7410F Actuators
HIGH-FORCE NON-SPRING RETURN ACTUATORS
AND 1, 1-1/4, 1-1/2 INCH NPT CARTRIDGE GLOBE VALVES
M6410A and M7410F Series 3000 Non-Spring Return Valve
Actuators provide floating or modulating control of V5862A
and V5863A Series 3000 Cartridge Globe Valves.
The actuators are used in electronic temperature control
systems, which use hot and/or cold water (with glycol up to
50 percent) as the controlled medium in variable air volume
(VAV) terminal units, fan-coil units, small reheaters and
• Small size allows installation in limited space.
• Long stroke allows wider range of control.
• Low power consumption.
• Synchronous motor.
• No mounting tools required.
• Low-maintenance plastic housing.
• Conduit connector standard.
• No separate linkage required.
• M6410A provides 3-position floating control without
• M7410F receives 0 to 10 Vdc or 2 to 10 Vdc input
signal, selectable at the site.
• M7410F includes direct/reverse acting switch.
• Especially suitable for Excel
Controller or Individual
Room Controller (IRC) System.
• Internal valve position indicator.
• Magnetic coupling for torque limitation independent of
voltage supply, and self-adjustment of close-off port.
• Ready-to-wire connecting cable.
• V5862A is a two-way female NPT valve.
• V5863A is a three-way female NPT mixing valve.
• Pressure-balanced plug.
• Soft valve seat provides low leakage rate.
• Valve inserts are changeable with the insert
• Threaded plastic cover allows manual operation.
• Brass body and stainless steel stem.
Equipment Damage Hazard.
Installing a high-force (67.5 lb [300 N]) actuator on
1/2 or 3/4 in. valve can damage the valve beyond
Use only Series 1000 (40.5 lb [180 N]) actuators with
the smaller (1/2 in. and 3/4 in.) valves.
Electrical Shock or Equipment Damage Hazard.
Can shock individuals or short equipment
Disconnect power supply before installation.
— A low-force (40.5 lb [180 N]) actuator installed on a
valve larger than 3/4 in. cannot operate the valve.
— Install high-force actuators (67.5 lb) only on large
valves (1 in., 1-1/4 in., 1-1/2 in.).
M6410A: Non-Spring Return Valve Actuator. Provides
floating control of the V5862A and V5863A Valves.
M7410F: Non-Spring Return Valve Actuator. Provides
modulating control of V5862A and V5863A Valves.
V5862A: Two-way NPT Valves.
V5863A: Three-way NPT Mixing Valves.
Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C).
Storage Temperature Range: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C).
Humidity Range: 5 to 95% RH (noncondensing).
M6410A: 5 oz (0.15 kg).
M7410F: 5.6 oz (0.16 kg).
Actuator screws onto valve body.
M6410A, M7410F: 4.9 ft (1.5m) cable.