Firex AC Wire-in Combination Carbon Monoxide & Photoelectric Smoke Alarm KN-COPE-1 User Manual
Description, Alarm warnings, Features and benefits
The Kidde Front-Loading Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm
(part # 21007624) offers protection from two hazards – fire and
CO – in one unit. Sold under the FireX brand, this AC-wire with
battery backup alarm emits a beeping tone followed by a voice
warning that clearly announces the danger by saying, “Fire! Fire!”
or “Warning! Carbon Monoxide!”. The uniquely designed front-
loading battery compartment makes battery replacement quick
and easy, and ensures proper installation. Manufactured with
photoelectric sensors for detecting smoke and fire, this alarm also
includes the world’s most accurate CO sensing technology based
on claims by major manufacturers.
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm
beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE! FIRE!”. The alarm
will repeat pattern until unit is reset or smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warn-
ing “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is
reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY”. The
red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for the
first hour. After the first hour the red LED light will flash once every
minute accompanied by the chirp sound. The “LOW BATTERY”
warning will only sound once every fifteen minutes.
Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH ACTIVATED” and “HUSH
CANCELLED” voice announcement
Alarm Memory: The green LED will blink once every 16 seconds
to alert a user when the unit has alarmed for smoke or has detected
a concentration of CO. If the alarm has detected a CO level of
100ppm or greater, when the Test/Reset button is pressed the
unit will announce “CO PREVIOUSLY DETECTED”.
If the alarm has detected abnormal levels
of smoke since its last test, it will produce
three rapid beeps.
Features and Benefits
• AC-Wire with battery backup – Powered by home’s electricity in order
to provide continuous protection. An included 9V battery protects during
short-term power outages.
• Front-Loading Battery – Speeds up replacement by eliminating the
need to remove the unit from the ceiling or wall.
• Unique Battery Door Design – Will not close if battery is not
• Voice Warning – Supplements warning from the traditional 85-decibel
alarm by clearly stating the danger present, fire or carbon monoxide.
• Photoelectric smoke sensor – May detect visible fire particles associated
with slow smoldering fires sooner than an ionization sensor.
• Electrochemical CO sensor – Provides accurate and continual CO
protection during the product’s life, remains stable during temperature
and humidity changes and resists reactions to household gases that may
cause false readings or reduce sensitivity.
• Smart Touch Button – One button performs the following functions:
– Activates the Hush® feature to temporarily silence nuisance alarms
(will announce “Hush mode activated,” or “Hush mode cancelled.”)
– Simultaneously tests the unit’s electronics and verifies proper operation
– Activates the peak level memory feature (will announce “CO previously
detected” if unit has detected levels of 100 ppm or higher)
– Resets the unit during a CO alarm (Unit will re-enter alarm within
6 minutes of reset if 70ppm or more of CO is present).
– Silences a low battery chirp for up to 12 hours
– Silences the end of life chirp for two days
• Tamper Resistant – Unit will lock to mounting bracket and battery
door will lock to deter theft or tampering.
• Green LED – Will flash every 30 seconds to indicate proper operation.
• Red LED – Flashes in conjunction with the alarm sounding.
• End of Life Signal – Seven years after initial power, the unit will “chirp”
twice every 30 seconds to indicate the need to immediately replace the alarm.
• Low Battery Signal – Will chirp every minute and red LED will flash to
indicate low battery condition.
• Interconnectable – Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of
which can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms.
AC Wire-in Combination
Carbon Monoxide & Photoelectric Smoke Alarm
– 120VAC Direct Wire with Battery Backup
– Alarm/Voice message warning system
– Front loading battery
Part Number 21007624
Warns of hazard by announcing “Fire, Fire” or “Warning, Carbon Monoxide”.
Peak Level Memory
Alerts user when the unit has detected CO concentrations of 100ppm or higher.
Silences the unit during nuisance alarm situations.
(Smoke must be present before hush is activated)
• Red – Alarm mode.
• Green – Indicates that AC power is present.
Front Load Battery Door
Adjustable Mounting Bracket
Allows for easy installation and alignment.