Gevalia XCE8 User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS (Model XCE8)
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
1. Read all instructions carefully.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces.
3. To protect against the risk of fire, electric shock, or personal injury, do not place cord,
plug or unit in water or other liquids.
4. Should not be used by children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before replacing
or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions, is dropped, or has been damaged in any manner.
7. The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the manufacturer for it may
cause injury to the user.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Always plug the cord into the wall outlet before turning on any controls. To disconnect,
make sure the power is off (the ON light will not be illuminated), then remove the plug
from the wall outlet.
12. Always use cold filtered or bottled water for best results. Warm water or other liquids
could cause damage to the Coffeemaker.
13. TURN OFF THE UNIT AND WAIT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES AFTER THE BREW
CYCLE IS COMPLETED BEFORE OPENING THE FILTER BASKET LID. IF YOU DO
NOT, SOME STEAM MAY BE RELEASED FROM THE SHOWER HEAD WHEN YOU
OPEN THE FILTER BASKET LID. THIS COULD CAUSE INJURY TO THE USER.
14. Scalding may occur if the Filter Basket Lid is lifted or removed during the brewing
15. Never use the Glass Carafe on a range top or in a conventional or microwave oven.
16. Do not set a hot Glass Carafe on a wet or cold surface.
17. Do not use a cracked Glass Carafe or a Glass Carafe that has a loose or weakened
18. Do not clean the Coffeemaker with scouring powders, steel wool pads, or other
19. Do not use this appliance for other than its intended use.
20. Do not put ice cubes in the Glass Carafe.